Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've looked around and have not seen that many AFR tables. What would you guys suggest doing for the actual AFRs? I've ran it a ton and usually apply the recommended fuel adjustments in between each ride. This is my map right after I applied a smooth to the MAP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can richen up the midrange and you'll gain some power. Drop that 13.2 down to 12.5-12.8 or so, above 50% throttle and between 2k to 9k rpms. Keep it somewhat lean (13.2) on the top end. Smooth the transitions always, so there's no sudden mixture changes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can richen up the midrange and you'll gain some power. Drop that 13.2 down to 12.5-12.8 or so, above 50% throttle and between 2k to 9k rpms. Keep it somewhat lean (13.2) on the top end. Smooth the transitions always, so there's no sudden mixture changes.
I'll give that a try and see what the butt dyno says. Honestly it's pretty hard to hit some of those 100% throttle openings at lower rmp areas. (instant wheelies)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump, nobody actually has a screen shot or anything of what AFR map they are using on all of the members? It seems to be top secret as far as I can tell. I had another post from last year and 0 responses. Does nobody do their own bike tuning or just unwilling to share the data? Asking anyone that knows something useful. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I doubt that there's very many guys tuning their own bikes on here. And if there was, chances are they wouldn't know much more than you do. The "professional" tuners won't share their data for fear of it being copied, but honestly the reason is usually that they don't want what they're doing scrutinized by people that might know more than they do.

In the automotive tuning world, the smart guys share openly. But you're still not likely to find entire screen shots of tables. You really have to learn everything you can and then implement it yourself. Like I said, the BASIC premise is lean at idle and then just a little richer right off idle, lean in freeway cruise cells for better mileage, richen through midrange torque, lean at high rpm's for decent overrev and lean on decel. The default or stock AFR tables on these bikes are pretty much 13.5 everywhere so there's room for improvement if you want to spend the time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Most guys are just sending their ECUs to vcyclenut or Ivan's for tuning but the rest of us (myself included) are usually tuning with FTECU or Woolich kits. A bazzaz only lets you tune the fuelling after the main ECU where the FTECU lets you change the fuel map in the ecu. Other than spending time tuning on a dyno it'd be pretty hard to find an optimal AFR. If you message Vcyclenut he's usually pretty good at sharing a bit of his experience with tuning these bikes.

·
Vendor
1,252 Posts
i would use 13.3:1 60% and greater throttle

13.5 30-60%

13.7 under 30%

this will give you decent fuel mileage, nice throttle response and good power

your fighting an up hill battle at the smaller throttle openings and lower rpm's where the o2 sensor is active

·
Registered
26 Posts

13.5 30-60%

13.7 under 30%

your fighting an up hill battle at the smaller throttle openings and lower rpm's where the o2 sensor is active

Hmmmmmmm.

I have SO many questions, comments and opinions on all of this but I think for now I'll stick with hmmmmm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

13.5 30-60%

13.7 under 30%

Just the man I wanted to hear from! I'll make a new AFR map and share what I do with you guys. Rainy today so I guess I'll have time to come up with something. I'll update with screenshots. Thank you for the input gentlemen!😃

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
For real. Just say it. You are safe behind your keyboard brother. ;)
No one on this site works harder at getting performance from these bikes than Cw09.
Since gmtech seems to have some background with fueling his input would be interesting compared to what Vcyclenut is actually doing.
That being said perhaps gmtech could share what he has tried with his 09 and that might help Cw09 find another 10th off his ETs.

Reactions: Cw09 and Screan29

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
550 Posts
I hope GMtech share's his thoughts too. I'm sure he's feeling a bit hesitant to share given that he got smacked down the last time he posted a contrary opinion....I hate to see us chase away people just because they don't agree with the existing members.

Reactions: 1216bandit

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did a pretty nice aggressive street ride yesterday with a new afr table like vcyclenut suggested. I’ll download the wideband data and display the adjustments it made. Felt pretty good and was still lifting the front up in 3rd 😎

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New AFR MAP.

FUEL MAP(applied smoothing after applying the recommended fuel adjustments.)

Recorded AFR's after an aggressive street run. Still can't hit those low RPM full throttle cells, too much lift.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts