Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks:

Who's up for a Bay Area meet up? Lets get some fz-09's together! I'm happy to host everyone at my restaurant in Emeryville. Lets say 3pm Saturday 7/12/14 and the pizza is on me. If you are non dairy or GF we got pizza for you too. Details to follow and if anyone wants to put together rides from different parts of the bay to E'ville just post up here. Possibly ride up to the wall afterwards as a group and get some pics too! If this date doesnt work then lets figure out one that does. Who's in?

Lanesplitter Pizza
3645 San Pablo Ave
Emeryville, Ca.

Daniel

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
That is WSBK weekend at Laguna Seca.

I am planning to go Sunday but should be available Saturday.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the date is flexible on my end. I just picked a Saturday with a months notice, so if anyone else weighs in and wants to move the date we can do that. Hope we can get a good crowd of fz09 folks. Just fyi if you want to bring your significant other its all good. We wont run out of pizza. ;)

Daniel

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would be in but daughter has softball tournament in socal that weekend. I am most definitely interested in a bay area ride. Thanks for putting this together.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow dude, that's your restaurant? I used to go there years ago!

We are def going to go to WSBK and we usually only go on Sat, but if the timing is good, we'll try to stop by on the way back. Prolly won't be until 6-7 though, after coming back from Monterey.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I chose a bad weekend! Lets move it up one week and say Saturday 7/19/14. Does that work better for folks? Wish I was going to WSBK! Can a mod change the date in the thread title? Thanks.

Daniel

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am working that day, all day teaching moto n00bs, but will come by after work (6-7pm) if invitation is still good for that time and date.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I can remember and can get off of work this day or whatever day gets decided I will be there for suuuure!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all:

Thanks for bumping this. So I'm planning to do a track day on 7/18 so how about we say Sunday 7/20 at 5pm. Pizza on me and then maybe ride up to the wall for pics.

Daniel

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmmm....i might have to meet you at the Wall. I teach n00bs on weekends and I'm working that day and we don't get off until close to 6 and then I'd hafta cross the bay. Sorry to be a party pooper. Super nice that you're offering to do this and free peeeeeeza is always good!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Im game just post up a definite date and time either 7/19 or 20

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok all 7/20 at 5pm. Lanesplitter Pizza in Emeryville. 3645 San Pablo Ave, Emeryville Ca. Significant others/kids welcome too. If you know of other fz09 owners feel free to invite them along. I've pm'd others on barf that I know of, if there are more on sbr feel free to invite them as I'm not on that one. It would be nice to get as many bikes there as possible and to meet other fz09 riders! I'm trying to get the mods to change the thread title to the correct date but havent had any luck yet. See you all then.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hmmm, 11+ hour ride to get there. If I had a better seat I would probably do it as I took the 21st through the 23rd this month just for a break. You guys have fun and maybe I'll make the trek after I get a better seat one of these days. I've never been that far north in California and would love to see it someday.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hey all:

Thanks for bumping this. So I'm planning to do a track day on 7/18 so how about we say Sunday 7/20 at 5pm. Pizza on me and then maybe ride up to the wall for pics.

Daniel
Where's the wall?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The wall is up on Grizzly Peak in the hills above Berkeley. It's not too technical but is a twisty two lane road to get there once we hit the hills. It will be worth it for the view from up there as the Moto-photo opportunity I think. The ride is obviously optional and everyone can ride there own pace. Hope everyone can make it. It will be cool to meet folks in person and fun to get a bunch of fz-09s together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm 100% gaame! I've already ridden with mrjd410 & redbeard(both pretty cool dudes).

So is the official date 7/19?

Ride on!

-drizz650

1 - 20 of 30 Posts