Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scratching my head and can't figure this out. I went to install a power distribution block and i think i do not have the right battery that should have been installed on my bike. I have a Yuasa model YTZ10S. 9,1 ah(20HR)/190 CCA. It seems it is too small and that the terminals are backwards. Can anyone verify if this is the battery that you have in your bike?
Thanks

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it does not fit the hole, the amp hours seem big enough but it also looks like it is positive ground instead of negative

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the red wire is on the post marked negative
that's what worried me
thanks for the reassurance
but i still don't get it
do you mean the red wires in that photo travis posted?

they look like they're connected to the negative battery terminal but if you dig around the battery area more closely, you'll see those wires not actually attached to the terminal, they only look that way from that angle. the thick black wire to the upper left of the negative battery post is the one that's actually connected to the terminal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my bike is wired backwards, the red positive wire is wired to the negative post and the negative wire is wired to the positive post. not sure why is was done at the factory though. now i have to replace the battery because it died oddly enough the battery is exactly the same. not sure what to do it makes no sense to put the positive red cable on a negative post but this is how it was. has anyone else seen this issue, it is not common to all FZ's.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
my bike is wired backwards, the red positive wire is wired to the negative post and the negative wire is wired to the positive post. not sure why is was done at the factory though. now i have to replace the battery because it died oddly enough the battery is exactly the same. not sure what to do it makes no sense to put the positive red cable on a negative post but this is how it was. has anyone else seen this issue, it is not common to all FZ's.
can you post a picture?..I cant imagine its wired the way you describe

it is chemically possible for a battery to switch polarity, but its very very rare

1 - 12 of 12 Posts