Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I finally take delivery of an FZ-09 I am going to need a new battery tender for it once I deem it too cold to ride. Any recommendations on a cheap (not quality) battery tender? I'm sure any one I bought at the store would be adequate, just was curious if fellow members were partial to a certain brand/model/feature/etc.

Thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have about a dozen Battery Tender Jrs that have been acquired over the years and all of them are still going strong. The oldest is about 12 years old. I think they are about the best bang for the buck. The link above on Amazon is a great price.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
It's hard to beat a Battery Tender brand charger. They're like the everready bunny..they just keep on ticking forever.

·
Registered
881 Posts
It's hard to beat a Battery Tender brand charger. They're like the everready bunny..they just keep on ticking forever.
Agreed. I have three Battery Tender Juniors and they get a lot of use for motorcycles, the lawn tractors, and my wife's Miata. My FZ-09 came with the BTJ connector installed. The dealership installs one on every motorcycle and ATV they sell. Unless it doesn't use a battery to start; then they probably wouldn't bother. :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll probably pick up a Battery Tender Plus/Junior since it seems like a handful of you guys have them.

·
Registered
570 Posts
+1 on the Battery Tender Plus, been using mine for over four years and it works perfectly. I have a cheap Bikemaster battery in my Hawk GT and figured it would have died by now but it's still going strong; I think I can thank the Battery Tender Plus for that. That Amazon price looks very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts