Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of buying this

Battery Tender 081-0158 Black Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger by Battery Tender Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0158 Black Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger: Automotive

It plugs into my existing battery tender that's directly attached to the battery. My only concern is I'm not 100% sure that it will manage the current and if it will potentially harm my smartphone given this.

Anyone have one of these installed?

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

·
Registered
474 Posts
You'll do fine with it. Supplies standard 2.1 amp , a standard for newer phones & iPads.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
136 Posts
At the same time I bought my usb charger I also got a volt meter made by battery tender. That has a small LCD screen on it to tell you voltage of your battery, but what was the coolest thing I thought about it was it works while bike is running. So you can check your charging system also. Great to have if you have multiple bikes with Batt tender pig tails that are easy to get to.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anymore reports on this? I just ordered one. to charge my SENa head set and or my Iphone 5. Does any one have a good location to provide easy access without removing the seat?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tender cable is pretty short so I bought a USB extender for it. Not sure where it going to run it yet but tested out the charging capabilities and it worked fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Was thinking of buying this

It plugs into my existing battery tender that's directly attached to the battery. My only concern is I'm not 100% sure that it will manage the current and if it will potentially harm my smartphone given this.

Anyone have one of these installed?

Why not used the built in Auxiliary Power Supply?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because my battery tender was already hooked up and the USB connector 2as 10 bucks. It ia plug and play.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Why not used the built in Auxiliary Power Supply?
While I like this, I just wanted to get something going right away since the season is prime for riding and not spending my nice days doing projects! I spend enough time tending to my house, lawn, weeds, and all the honey-do list items my wife comes up with such as: hanging a picture she purchased while out with her friends after she had a few glasses of wine. She wont tell me how much it cost which is OK. Because, when I drop a bunch of $ this winter doing all the mods to my bike, price wont be part of the discussion!

So Yes I like the mod and will consider it when my riding season is mostly done (ice on roads). But for now I just want to throw this thing on and spend as many of my playtime hours riding.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Is it safe to have a wire going from the handle bars to the battery tender? I'm trying to figure out how to power a Garman. Thanks for the link for the auxiliary power supply.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts