Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have any experience with this battery:

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende...sphate/dp/B00F9LPJ8S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

240 cold cranking amps, under two pounds, $117, 3 year warranty and dual terminals (which should make it really easy to attach accessories like heated grips to one set of the battery's terminals without disturbing the bike's main connection to the battery's other pair of terminals).

In my experience Battery Tender is a very reputable company. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
4,391 Posts
That product is basically the same as the Stark Power Lithium Ion battery I mentioned in another thread. The Stark Power battery has a slightly more compact charger, the same four post design,
more cranking amps, made in the USA, but with only a one year warranty for $129. I put one in my Tiger 1050 and it is a quality product. I will buy one for the 09 when the time comes. They also have a upmarket version with some fancy dead battery restart feature and protective circuitry to prevent excessive discharging from unswitched accessories like alarms and other stuff, as well as overcharging protection. It's a great company with a good product. I also have a Shorai in my DR650. The Stark Power battery weighs 1.3 pounds. The Shorai about the same weight.

12V12Ah-U3 StarkPower "ULTRA" Lithium Ion Starter Battery, FREE CHARGER !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts