Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to reduce handlebars vibrations and i think 2 solution since i have arrow bar end mirors, barsnake (dont sure if it will fit since it was 40'' long, too long and im not sure if i can cut it or fill bars with silicone, anywone have try it with success or have a solution that work?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do you get a lot of excessive vibes from the fz? I find I barely get any and love how it's so smooth. Then again I'm coming off a supermoto. Good luck though.

Reactions: 24v

·
Registered
78 Posts
My hands go numb after 10 minutes if I'm going at a steady speed in the 4k-5k rpm range. On the fwy at 65-75 my hands will go numb. If I go to 80 everything is ok.I just installed the arrow bar end mirrors with the rhino bar ends recently and their was no change. I think the Rhino's are a little lighter than stock. Anyone else have a cure for this problem?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Would those work with the screw in bar ends we need with the stock bars?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have Fasst Company inserts, just be careful tightening them down, they tend to pull towards the bolt and the rubber will start protruding out the bar ends. I do not have weights because of my Zeta Handguards. Do they work? Who knows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been struggling with this for a little while now, my hands go numb and i have to stop every 30 min even when i move hands around etc...
This is Since I put the Storm handguards on. I'm wondering if they have bar ends with weight like factory one. I love the wind protection and look of the storm and feel a bike is missing something without them (dirt biker) In spring with my thick gloves it was less apparent.
The bar ends from yamaha are heavy compared to the Storm ones.
I bought the bar snake (the liquid one wasn't available), and it just won't work with the large protrusion in the stock bars.
Last week my mechanic put some sand in...I can't feel a real difference.
Dropped the bike on trailer last week so i need new handlebars : Luckily, M4 only slightly scratched, a little trailer white paint on tank (will come off no dent), the OES frame sliders paid for themselves!
(, we will try sand in it before install of new bars (mechanic must drill a 16 mm hole on each side).
I really want to handle this as the bike is so cool now with decent seat, M4 and all the other mods...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Uhm did you get the throttle body sync done? You need to balance the injectors!

There shouldn't really be that much vibes coming from the bike. Did you always notice the vibration?

I'm betting a non balanced rim or injector out of sync.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Uhm did you get the throttle body sync done? You need to balance the injectors!

There shouldn't really be that much vibes coming from the bike. Did you always notice the vibration?

I'm betting a non balanced rim or injector out of sync.
How do you balance the injectors? I thought the throttle body sync was just adjusting the throttle plates so all 3 cyl have matching air flow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How do you balance the injectors? I thought the throttle body sync was just adjusting the throttle plates so all 3 cyl have matching air flow.
Doh I meant Balance the throttle body, the dealer keeps saying injector sync. Not having them synced will cause vibration.

Whatever it is... needs to be balanced! lol

Just double checked... in the manual its called "Fuel Injection Synchronization"

·
Registered
438 Posts
Doh I meant Balance the throttle body, the dealer keeps saying injector sync. Not having them synced will cause vibration.

Whatever it is... needs to be balanced! lol
I dont really have much vibration but I do want to do a TBS. I think ive seen the gauge setup for around $100. Just gotta remember to get one next time I feel like spending money on the bike... like I do now but im too tired to do tool research.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont really have much vibration but I do want to do a TBS. I think ive seen the gauge setup for around $100. Just gotta remember to get one next time I feel like spending money on the bike... like I do now but im too tired to do tool research.
I think it can be had for about $70 ... It can make quite a big difference if they are out of sync ;)

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Welcome to the vibration club. I've had the issue since day 1 when riding on the street. WOT on the track isn't an issue...seems to be a bit smoother for me in the upper revs. But cruising around 5500 RPM numbs my right hand. It did it with the stock bars and the clubmans.

I'm making progress, but it's not 'right' yet. I am running a set of Motovation bar end weights, CRG bar end mirrors, and Pro Grips. I have material coming this week to beef up the bar end mirrors to try more weight. Chronicled, of course, in the link in my signature.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I attempted to install Barsnake in the stock bars. Didn't work for me.
Probably best to look at the other alternatives suggested here.
(((Numb hands... another excuse to pee and get another coffee)))

Reactions: Thantos
1 - 20 of 40 Posts