Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I opted to go with Barracuda Mini Viper Signals to replace the jumbo stockers. Since they use standard 21W bulbs, I didn't need to mess with any relays or resistors. There super bright and I am happy with them for sure.

On the install I went with a splice, solder, and heat shrink tubing method. I was not happy with the cheaply made "tear drop" adapter plates I received from ebay. I really wanted adapters that were indented to fit into the tear drop. I harvest the mounts from the stock signals and modified them some to become secure mounts for my aftermarket lights as seen in the pics below.

Reactions: beck and afi1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you cut the boot on the factory lights ? Could you explain how you did the retro fit? Looks very clean

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... Knowing I would never want to remount the stock lights, I first cut the rubber factory boots off flush to the outside (graves tail tidy in the back and stock housing in the front).

Inside the boot, there is a plastic locking collar (the piece on the inside of the frame that holds the boot on to the bike) . This part also needed to be trimmed to fit flush to the outside, which I did with the part in a vise and used a hack saw. Then on the back of the locking collar, two tabs had to be also trimmed flush with the back of the collar plate. This is so the nut for the signal can lock down flat.

Finally, I had use a round file to open up the inside of the collar just about 1/16th for the signal mounting bolt to pass through.

I hope that helps. If not, I can take other pics at some point.

Reactions: Poogamer69

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Those look great!

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you don't mind with more pics I'm loving the look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts