Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I am a big fan of the ZETA handguards with built in LED turn signals. Used them for years with no troubles on my WR250R. I plan on removing the front turn signals and possibly grinding off the big plastic stalks on the sides of the headlights. I get the Zeta parts from WHeeling Cycle Supply. Forrest there is a great guy.

View attachment 553

Wheeling Cycle Supply | WR250X, WR250R, DRZ400, DRZ400SM, DRZ400S, CRF150R, CRF250L, Supermoto, Supermotard, Dual Sport, Motocross, Off-Road, Parts and Accessories, Edge tail light, Zeta, DRC, Delta, Dirt Wheels, Supermoto Wheels available at Wheelin

·
Registered
18 Posts
SRAD711 looks great. I love the set up on the Ducati Hypermotards, you know hand guards, turn signals, and flip out mirrors
mounted on the end of the guards. Don't bother, it works out to be about $500 a side. Ouch, maybe I'll try your set up with some nice bar end mirrors...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good, SRAD. What did you do with the plastic side covers of the headlights to get rid of the long signal stems?

I installed the Acerbis Dual Road handguards a couple days ago. They look pretty good on the bike (IMO) and help a little with the wind. They are not dual mount so they won't provide maximum crash protection. They mount to the bar ends though and are pretty rigid so they will help protect the levers to some degree.

They have integrated signals but there doesn't seem to be a graceful way to get rid of the stock signal stem. It seems the options are to cut them off or remove the plastic pieces altogether. Curious as to how you handled it or if others have done it yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just found the thread. Those signals look good but I think they must've required cutting the stalks down. There is an inner sleeve or stalk that the OEM signal slides over and it's all one piece with the plastic cover.

I'm not wild about cutting them down until I know what it would it would cost to replace the stock parts. I'm always overly obsessive about being able to put my bikes back to OEM down the road. It's probably a waste of time, energy, and money on my part but I can't help it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I always like to keep my stock parts too, not sure why but I like the flush look for myself but these look great too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts