Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone plan on attending the event? Me and a friend of mine here locally plan on riding from West Palm Beach. Not sure of the itinerary yet but there will be some riding/camping involve. Would be nice to see a few of you there...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
You guys gotta go through Jacksonville on your way?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I will be there, I only live about 90 miles north.

I looked at the Barber website and it is not on the schedule. I'm a frequent attender and usually get an email for events.

Hope this happens, Superbike has not been at Barbers for a few years.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Don't count on that date happening at Barber. Despite that event being announced and tickets being sold, I'm not sure that date is confirmed yet and I'm thinking it's pretty sketchy as to whether that round will even happen, and the Road Atlanta weekend may be in similar trouble. The last DMG race at Barber brought in only 8,000 visits over three days and there is no promoter/facility in the known universe that wants to take that loss. Barber had about 8 times that many visits over the three days of it's Vintage Festival.

MotoAmerica has it's work cut out for themselves to find experienced promoters to take the risk after the damage of the 2008 recession and the DMG debacle. Hell, for a promoter it's worse than a risk...it's a guaranteed date with the firing squad! KRAVE may have to self-promote events this year to cobble together a decent schedule.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I will be at Barber. I have a bunch of friends that are going back to the events since DMG is out of the picture. Barber is not very spectator friendly, unless you have access to the Ducati Island or just watch from the museum. The tree row on the back straight is the only decent place to sit.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'll be at Laguna,

These forum owners should make a deal with Krave to shutdown the forums for a few days during the events forcing us all to get up and go to one of these races :) just a thought..

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
What about Road America? That's in my neck of the woods.
I love Elkhart Lake. I had one of the best time's of my race spectating life there. Great track, if a little rustic, and great fans. I know nothing about the prospects for that round. My comments about Barber come from an offhand remark I was privy to while visiting Barber last week. And it does make sense considering the 8,000 "visits" number. That's pathetic!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I could rude to Elkart too, miss Sebkins so fkn bad. LOL

RA is doable from here in FL. Would be about the same time as Barber.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Go look at the websites for Barber and Road Atlanta and see what they are saying about ticketing for the MotoAmerica events.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i wish but i'll be going back west way before then...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts