Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody install bar end mirrors on their FZ? Curious how they look and what model mirror you ordered.

Also, what did you do to the original mirror stalk?...block it off?...with what?
To answer your question First...YES! on two different FZ09s (2015 &2017)
OK...There are different "Levels" of thought on this. eBay has assorted "Bar-End" Mirrors that sell
from $10 to $150 and up. But before that realize that the Handlebars on the FZ09 have threads on the
stock bar. So what better way to install some mirrors than to just screw two other in. Right? OK
I went back and took my stock bar off and replaced it with a Black Fat Handlebar. The Fat denotes that
at the clamp site (on the fork axel) the diameter is 1 1/8 inch. (Where as many other bikes are either 7/8" or 1")
Installing the mirrors from eBay HAVE TO HAVE the metal expansion part much like you see in concrete expansion
anchors. The ones with a rubber gasket (doughnut) that expand with a stationary nut with an allen wrench. DO NOT HOLD.
If this is too confusing. Have a YouTube video on standby and try then. Me I just ordered a second set of mirrors at $17. I refuse
to pay $133 for F-Mirrors! I will put the stock ones back on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’ll join the resurrection...

Bike Master with modified stock bar ends.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anybody install bar end mirrors on their FZ? Curious how they look and what model mirror you ordered.

Also, what did you do to the original mirror stalk?...block it off?...with what?
OK on my 2017 FZ09 for some unk. Reason...Yamaha decided to put a left handed thread on the right stock mirror! I believe that the stock metric bolt for the mirrors is 10 mm I may be wrong. I went to a local store that only sells metric bolts I’m very fortunate to have & ask the guy do you have any black 8 mm Allen bolts and washers?
He had both. Cost was $.50.
I put a few liberal drops into the existing hole of clear Gorilla glue and then dropped both bolts into the spaces with a small clamp overnight

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is also I seem to remember a Bolt Kit I purchased for around $10-$13 on eBay when I had my Yellow 2015 FZ09. You may want to look at that option. Finally, one could always go to Lowes or a Good hardware store and find the same bolts. Then just cut or Dremel to size that fits. I hope this helped. Ask me how my second set of mirrors (bar end) next week. Also has anyone a solution to stopping these mirrors from moving at the pivot spot? The air keeps catching mine and it is turning Into a real pain in the ass to have to adjust them all the time!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thread is M10 x 1.25 and yes, the right mirror is left hand thread. I don’t have any issues of my mirrors moving so far.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts