Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting some bar end mirrors but i'm struggling to find ones that match my tastes. I personally dislike round mirrors. I feel like they take away from the angular, aggressive styling of the FZ09.

The mirrors I like the look of most are the arrow style ones but they all seem to be cheaply made eBay mirrors with iffy reviews.

Anyone have recommendations?

aab2c6f187ebd70b69e226c96190afcd.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I purchased bar end mirrors very similar to those referenced above and was very disappointed. They were very blurry from not being very tight and didn't handle vibration very well. Ended up buying the bike master oval clamp on mirrors from Revzilla and it's night and day better. Bigger mirror, stronger hold, everything is just better.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bike-master-oval-clamp-on-mirrors

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't ridden w/ the MZS mirrors yet but while the bike sits and idles and when revving I don't see any blur due to vibration. Time will tell. For the price they're worth a shot. There is a screw on the back of them to tighten them up which should help if there is any. Personally, if it were legal, I'd run w/o mirrors as I rarely use them as I prefer to turn my head and look.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I purchased bar end mirrors very similar to those referenced above and was very disappointed. They were very blurry from not being very tight and didn't handle vibration very well. Ended up buying the bike master oval clamp on mirrors from Revzilla and it's night and day better. Bigger mirror, stronger hold, everything is just better.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bike-master-oval-clamp-on-mirrors
I took those exact ones off, hated the look of them and they didn't fit the bar ends for squat.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I took those exact ones off, hated the look of them and they didn't fit the bar ends for squat.
Look is subjective but yeah they probably wouldn't fit the bar ends. I have ProTaper Evo Carmichael bars and mounted the mirror directly on the bar. I bought low profile oxford bar ends that sit flush on the otherside of the mirror. Works perfect with the EVO bars as they're wider than stock so it just pushes the grips in the width of the mirror bracket.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What’s your budget? I have Driven California mirrors on my FZ09. They also have bar end mirrors that look really good. Pricey though.
I like the look of those. The reviews are 3 out of 5 stars on Revzilla. They say they come loose too easily. I'll give these cheapie ones a try and see how they function.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know you said you're not a fan of the round mirrors, but I've been rocking them since day 1 and I love them. No vibrations at any speed, and you can mount them up or down. Here are some pics in case you haven't seen them from some angles.

For $13 from eBay I'm very happy with them.

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've purchased two sets of the Chinese arrow-style mirrors thinking they'd last. They're poorly cast aluminum and have a propensity to snap during installation at the screw adjustment clamp if you're not careful.

I've had 1 mirror from both sets eventually vibrate itself off or become incredibly loose. There's a screw just behind the mirror that backs out from the mount and is not adjustable. I've considered them disposable and do not recommend them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got my cheapie Amazon arrow ones installed. They feel tight, look fine. Not super confident they'll stay tight the way they universally expand into the end of the bar threading rather than thread in. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got those same cheap CRG Arrow knockoffs and there pretty crap. I'm hoping to upgrade soon and I'm thinking I'll get a pair of Highsider Victory mirrors.
Highsider is very good quality and homologated, whereas chinese/amazon products ...

I've some for 1 year and no problem with them.

That's awesome, thanks! I was wondering what they'd look like on the FZ. How's the field of view on them? That was part of what caught my attention, it looked like they're on the larger side for bar ends.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The field of view is much better than with the stock.

It can be better if you turn the mirrors to external but in traffic jam it will be 10 cm larger each side.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How are you fellas mounting these bar end mirrors ..?

Using the stock bar end weights??

Using a kit of some sort...?

Using some nylon spacers with the stock end weights..?

I just purchased the CRG Hind sight lane splitter mirrors, but nothing is working on either side...!!

AWWWW.!!

H E L P

·
Registered
96 Posts
How are you fellas mounting these bar end mirrors ..?

Using the stock bar end weights??

Using a kit of some sort...?

Using some nylon spacers with the stock end weights..?

I just purchased the CRG Hind sight lane splitter mirrors, but nothing is working on either side...!!

AWWWW.!!

H E L P
It's because the stock bar ends are weighted and extra large. I used the copper tube mod https://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/45114-another-stock-bar-ends-7-8-crg-mirrors-solution.html

I applied blue thread locker and was able to tighten the stock bar ends that exposed a gap to mount the mirrors.

I currently run a woodcraft clip-on mod and the bar ends are 7/8" plastic plugs that mount just fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
After a few different cheap Amazon and Ali sets I went with Oberon mirrors. They are very solid and look great!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts