Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Its all a matter of preference, I would get a set and try them out. Just be weary of the extra lenght if your a lane splitter.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I put CRG Arrows on the 09, and there is absolutely zero vibration through them-the stock cockroach antennae's had noticeably more vibration and like Fizzer said-they just looked ridiculous on the bike. The key to bar end mirrors is to get a quality set of weighted bar ends...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You'll have to get used to moving your eyes farther from the road in front of you to check the bar end mirrors compared to stock mirrors.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Good point-there is an adjustment period if you've never used bar ends before, and they may be a bit less 'line of sight' than the stockers, but once you get used to them they actually provide a much less obstructed view rearward. And, as Fizzer stated, all you see is the road behind-no shoulders in view...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
the main reason i got rid of my bar ends was because i had to constantly adjust them. This was mainly due to me covering the bike every day - taking the cover off would mess up the mirrors and loosen the bolts so sometimes when i was riding the wind would push them out of alignment as well - it just got irritating after awhile.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Funny that you should mention that-the main reason(aside from aesthetics) I got rid of the stockers is because I also cover mine everyday, at home and at work, and the stock mirrors stuck up so high I could never get the cover to fit well unless I twisted the mirrors inward which meant loosening them and pivoting them inward. It also meant I had to keep them only hand tight so I could twist them in everyday-which became annoying for me...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Funny that you should mention that-the main reason(aside from aesthetics) I got rid of the stockers is because I also cover mine everyday, at home and at work, and the stock mirrors stuck up so high I could never get the cover to fit well unless I twisted the mirrors inward which meant loosening them and pivoting them inward. It also meant I had to keep them only hand tight so I could twist them in everyday-which became annoying for me...
haha - i would have probably kept the bar ends and tried to rig up something to preventing them from moving if i didn't find a member selling a pair of rizomas for dirt cheap. They are lower profile than the stockers so my dowco cover doesn't interfere - unfortunately i'm back to staring at part of my shoulders in my standard riding position.

Pros and cons to both i suppose for us cover people. Next step is just to build a garage haha.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Good point-there is an adjustment period if you've never used bar ends before, and they may be a bit less 'line of sight' than the stockers, but once you get used to them they actually provide a much less obstructed view rearward. And, as Fizzer stated, all you see is the road behind-no shoulders in view...
I bought the Rhino Bar Ends made for the FZ09 -- I believe they're the best in our universe.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
You'll have to get used to moving your eyes farther from the road in front of you to check the bar end mirrors compared to stock mirrors.
Although I found this awkward initially and for awhile, you Will get used to them -- I guarantee it and, for what it's worth, think the Bar End Mirrors look great.:cool:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I adjusted very quickly to my bar end mirrors and have zero regrets, plus this bike just looks much more badass without the deer antlers sticking up from the bars.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car

Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Metal Scooter

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
haha - i would have probably kept the bar ends and tried to rig up something to preventing them from moving if i didn't find a member selling a pair of rizomas for dirt cheap. They are lower profile than the stockers so my dowco cover doesn't interfere - unfortunately i'm back to staring at part of my shoulders in my standard riding position.

Pros and cons to both i suppose for us cover people. Next step is just to build a garage haha.
Garage build in progress(along with the rest of the house), so by summer at least she'll be finally housed out of the elements...

·
Registered
216 Posts
CRG Arrows and Rhinos

hey Bob,
Apart from looking way better than the stock ones (IMHO), I believe they provide a wider field of view, and with good solid bar ends like the Rhinos, they stay firmly in place and I've seen no vibration up to way past legal speeds. I love mine.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also got the CRG Arrows. As stated before, the Rhino bar ends are the component that seals the deal. It is different but I eventually got used to them. There is a learning curve but history proves that most humans have the ability to adapt well. Get you some!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts