Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a set of brand new Driven D-AXIS mirrors

Now I know from searching and reading here - the bar end adapters I have will not work which is fine . they were bought for another bike and can be returned but from looking at the stock bar end that is on the bike .. is there a reason these wont just clamp on and work.

I just bought my bike today and its at the dealer so I can't go try and ive searched a ton ...

so the question is .. will these infact work with the stock bar ends on the fz .. any issues im gonna run into ?

Thanks in advance and can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get out and ride.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
the stock bar ends don't have a mount for bar end mirrors. The ones pictured in your post seems to have the same locking system as the CRG adapters which i originally bought. The issue is the FZ grips run over the edge of the handlebar - this is not a big issue on the non throttle side but it will definitely stick your throttle when tight on the other (that's a guess but it's what happened with my crg ones).

A lot of us have bought these - there are others but I really like these - they were easy to install, have a similar weight to the stock bar ends and do not cause any throttle sticking.

RhinoMoto Bar End Mirror Mount (Threaded) for FZ1/6/6R 01-13 - SoloMotoParts.com

The only issue is, i dont know if your current bar end mirror mounts are the same thickness as the CRGs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beck,

Thanks for the quick reply .. putting the bar end adapters aside ..

what do you mean the stock bars dont have a mount

If i was to take this piece and just clamp it to the stock bar end .. why wouldnt this work ?

Then the mirror would attach to that .. yeah normally I would attach that clamp to a bar end adapter but im failing to see why (without trying of course) this wont work

I did look at the rhino moto bar ends . .but I dont like how big they are .. I dont really care for the slider part on the end .. if it was just the bar end adapter id be all over it .. but it really makes the handle bars look long as heck when mounted

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
They are rounded, there is no pre-cut channel to do this with the stock bar end. You may be able to get them on there but I don't think they would be secure.

If you look at the bar ends you posted, there is a lip to prevent the mirror from sliding off. There's no lip on the stock yamaha bar ends.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Here's a pick of the rhino bar ends

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh I see ...I might drive over and give em a test fit to see if they will even mount tight

If not maybe the rhinomoto will be the way to go

Thanks for the help and for the pic :) I also snagged a graphite

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Right on and welcome. I haven't seen your bar ends in person so I may be wrong - you can also cut the grips and keep the existing bar ends. But it's easier to do new bar ends.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happen to know how long the slider/bar end rhino moto is ? I wanna see how much longer then stock it is

Unless you know that instead ...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Guestimating it's maybe a half an inch longer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Happen to know how long the slider/bar end rhino moto is ? I wanna see how much longer then stock it is

Unless you know that instead ...

Thanks

See this thread some dude put together. :)

Don't have my bike here at the house to measure because they're tearing up the street for the week but I would also guess maybe a half inch longer also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys are the best ...I think I'm gonna go with the rhinomoto bar ends

These require no funny business on the throttle side right to make sure no sticking ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hrmm how is that possible ? When I went and looked yesterday the clamp was too small to fit over the stock bar end

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Look at the photo. His grips are pushed way up on the bar, exposing the smaller machined diameter of the bar end, and his mirrors are clamped to that portion of the bar end.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahh yes ..that's what I get for viewing on my phone lol

Thanks for the info but I think rhinomoto will be the way I go

1 - 18 of 18 Posts