Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice greatly appreciated - I could potentially do it myself with tons of effort, swearing, cursing and the like but would rather not.

Any and all suggestions on a decent shop in the Washington DC or Baltimore Metro area's along with a price I should expect to pay greatly appreciated.

I bought the bike from Heyser Cycle but don't want to go there.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Check out MRP in Pasadena-he's a Race Tech and I believe Penske shop set up for suspension work. He's listed on RaceTechs dealer page. Jeff
Thank you Jeff ! - appointment scheduled for 10AM tmw - talked with a guy called Kenny and the charge is $255

·
Registered
420 Posts
Check out MRP in Pasadena-he's a Race Tech and I believe Penske shop set up for suspension work. He's listed on RaceTechs dealer page. Jeff
Is that Pasadena, Texas or Pasadena, Ca? Either way, it's a long ways from Baltimore.

·
Registered
342 Posts
am I missing something??? 255 to install a shock??? its a 10 minute job, if you have to pull it back off 20-30 to get the sag set....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$ 268 total with a charge for shop supplies. $ 85 of that was to set Sag. They took 1.5 hours working slowly and methodically. A bit excessive but I do not regret it since it was done right.

Went out for a 50 mile ride in the drizzle on greasy roads. There is a noticeable improvement particularly in how the bike reacts to corrugated road surfaces. Felt more confident. Now for improvements to the front fork when funds permit.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts