Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha didn't think it all the way out. We all want fly screens I'm sure, and Yamaha left it off to keep the msrp
under $8000. I under stand that. I don't even have a problem with having the instrument cluster off to the right.
I mounted my GPS off to the left and that is when it hit me. If you install a nice close fitting factory looking fly screen, how are you going to turn your bike on and off, or even lock it. There doesn't look like enough room to put
your key in and out of the ignition. Any thought guys and gals?

·
Registered
26 Posts
LMAO
Problem
Solution
Communication
+1 humanity wins again

Reactions: Lava_llee88

·
Registered
663 Posts
I noticed on the Canadian review, one picture has a screen. It's not in any of the far away photos, just this one close up. I'm not sure what gives?

fly screen.jpg

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I use a waterproof TAPP connector from 3BRMotorsports to connect my USB device. Also, I mount a RAM ball on the handlebars with a short extension so that I can position it at an angle that does not impede the key or speedo. tripplethreat has some pictures in another thread with the RAM mount.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After my first day on the 09 I have no idea what you are all on about. Why on earth would you want to put one of these things on this bike?

·
Registered
25 Posts
More the fairing itself - just what does it do for you? IMHO it looks odd but that aside I can't put my finger on anything that having a small wing on the front will do. Isn't the point to get some fresh air up your nose!! I rode today fast enough to remind me why I stopped riding pure sports bikes and didn't feel the need for any kind of fairing.

Am I missing something? I LOVE bolting things on and cutting stuff off bikes but this one has me puzzled :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Does anyone have this windscreen? How well does it "deflect" wind?

·
Registered
24 Posts
More than anything, for me, the windscreen is going to prevent the graveyard of bugs throughout the wiring and back of LCD display. I can imagine it being a pain trying to get all the guts cleaned out of that area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree with you. It's a fly screen not a windshield. I hope someone comes with a different design. I think that one is to pointy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
on the yamaha Europe website they have a fly screen for the MT-09. It must fit somehow...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts