Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit something really slick going into a corner this morning on way into work. Next thing I knew my back end was my front end then I was face planting it into the asphalt. BIke only scuffed up a little bit but I trashed my helmet as it took a good hit. BIke not to bad but still it's brand new dammit!!!

Curious why bike won't start, wondering if it's because rear brake is twisted up?

IMG_20150309_114248.jpg IMG_20150309_114238.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
sorry to hear man that sucks - glad you're ok and while unfortunate the helmet was new - from the sounds of it - it did exactly what it was made to do - saved your noggin!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup helmet did it's job, insurance can get me a new one........

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
CEL = Check Engine Light, And sorry to hear man, glad you had the helmet on. No other personal damage? Knuckles, knees, etc.?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CEL = Check Engine Light, And sorry to hear man, glad you had the helmet on. No other personal damage? Knuckles, knees, etc.?
Some scuffing on knee, twisted ankle real good and hip is killing, nothing is broken though just serious deep bruising.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The bike is fixable...your noggin', not so much. Get well soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So just went and checked the bike again and it starts NP, not sure why it wouldn't before.. Rung it's bell too I guess!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
make sure you check the bike frame and welds for any cracks that might have formed. Even if the crash wasn't serious, you never know - recheck that all your bolts are tight and fastened and do a thorough look over your wheel alignment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
make sure you check the bike frame and welds for any cracks that might have formed. Even if the crash wasn't serious, you never know - recheck that all your bolts are tight and fastened and do a thorough look over your wheel alignment.
Planning on taking it into the dealer I bought it from and having it completely inspected...!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So just went and checked the bike again and it starts NP, not sure why it wouldn't before.. Rung it's bell too I guess!!
There is a sensor that gets tripped when the bike lays down... Cycling the ignition is usually enough to reset.. Wouldn't stress it too much...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sorry to read of your misfortune. If objects can be heroic, your helmet fits the description. Heal quickly and heal well!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Glad you're ok and you had your trusty helmet to save you.:). Bike will get much needed repairs.

Reactions: redrider

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry to hear but at least nothing is broken, don't use that helmet again it did its job. When I put a helmet in the recycle I always remove the liner and cut the straps so no one will try and use it. Get well soon!!!!! RR :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yes helmet did it's job, hope to get an even nicer one as my replacement. I actually hated the one I had so this could work out, bummer I had to bust my head to get a new one...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts