Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased my fz on 2/12 and have put 1500 miles since then... looking for some guys to go on cruises with in the az area as I am new to the state and don't know anyone really. I'm thinking about the phoenix to wickenburg then up yarnell hill top Prescott and back down 17 to phoenix again. Or possibly a run to Bartlett lake... idk but I'm ready to go anywhere

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live on the other side of town in El Mirage near Surprise. I was thinking about going to Pavs this weekend 4/19/14. I don't get to go out too much since I am usually working on the weekend. I work at Wild Horse Pass drag strip so I am usually at the track. Would like to be racing but working and getting paid for something I enjoy is much more sweet.

Willowbilly, my mom is in Anchorage. Do you ride up there too? I can't imagine making the trip up north on the seward hwy (i think its called). Beautiful up there!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I split my time between Anchorage and Willow. Our riding season is just sort of starting. My current bike is in the "rebuild" mode so I'm stuck in the cage for the time being. I am holding off until June to see if Yamaha brings the 07 to the states. The Seward Highway is one of the most scenic rides you can do on a bike. I've ridden it a lot over the years.

Seward_Highway_Moose_Pass.jpg

Seward Highway

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you come to Tucson we can ride. Mt Lemmon/Catalina Highway is the best road in town.
I live in Chandler AZ and would be up for a spin to the top of Mt. Lemmon. I agree that has got to be the best road for a motorcycle I can possibly think of!

For that matter if anyone is up for a ride, I'm usually game. Just send me a PM

·
Registered
263 Posts
I did the Wickenburg to Prescott and down the I17 back to Phoenix ride this past Sunday. Had a blast. Was my first time riding twistys. I definitely want a new seat and a flash would be cool too but I will definitely be doing that ride again. Next time Im going to continue on to Flag on the 89A.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I did the Wickenburg to Prescott and down the I17 back to Phoenix ride this past Sunday. Had a blast. Was my first time riding twistys. I definitely want a new seat and a flash would be cool too but I will definitely be doing that ride again. Next time Im going to continue on to Flag on the 89A.
Yep the twists are addicting….in fact it's the reason a lot of us ride. I ran the Payson to Pinetop and back down through the salt river canyon to Globe and finally back home to Chandler…..it was a riot! Another ride we did about a month ago was Superior down to Winkelman and up to Globe and that run was fun too. But I hear the Yarnell Hill run is awesome, and around Jerome is killer too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yep the twists are addicting….in fact it's the reason a lot of us ride. I ran the Payson to Pinetop and back down through the salt river canyon to Globe and finally back home to Chandler…..it was a riot! Another ride we did about a month ago was Superior down to Winkelman and up to Globe and that run was fun too. But I hear the Yarnell Hill run is awesome, and around Jerome is killer too.
We should get a group ride together one of these days. I met a couple of FZ riders on my ride and got their numbers. They do a lot of miles so I know they would be down. I'm betting we could get a decent group together.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah thats even further for me since I live in Surprise.

·
Registered
315 Posts
What about Oak Creek Canyon, or 89A out of Jerome?....it has been a long time since I have been in AZ.
But I do recall, those as good motorcycle roads.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts