Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
now we know. thanks for the follow up

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So today I spent a few hours doing a string wheel alignment. The string showed the rear wheel was misaligned to the right which is what the MP tool was showing. Below are photos of my final swingarm markers. Left is between mark 2 and 3 and right is between 1 and 2.
This matches Seawalls markers, also out by about one marker, also misaligned to the right.
The MP is now aligned even with the longer pointer. What I did notice is that to the eye the MP was about aligned but the string alignment was still not spot on.
your bike is super clean

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
UPDATE: i bought the pro-fi laser alignment tool and it did confirm that motion pro manual tool is correct. it is misaligned from the factory. the problem with the mp tool is that it is hard to align, you have to focus really hard to the point of stressing your eyes out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are 2 different alignments that come into play when you adjust the blocks.

The chain alignment and the rear wheel alignment in relation to the frame and front wheel

The question is which is more important, imo the wheel to the frame is more important as it can affect the handling of the bike. I align this first and then check the chain alignment and as long as it’s close, I leave it like that.

It is rare that both line up perfectly.

If you want a perfectly aligned chain, spin the rear wheel and watch the chain, adjust it until the chain “walks” side to side on the rear sprocket. No special tools required, just remember that your wheel to frame adjustment will be affected.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts