Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
They don't include tax in their sale price, because an out of state buyer, will have to pay tax at the DMV in their state... Still, that is a good price for the bike, plus fees and doc! Still sub $8k OTD with sales tax!!

These bikes are dirt cheap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not OTD
There are no other fees unless you finance or are a West Virginia resident then you have to pay sales tax before you go out the door. Accordingly, this doesn't take into account your home state fees and taxes if you live outside of WVA.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Right, so yes, out their door, that is the cash price, for an out of state buyer. But that is not the total cost for an out of state buyer, or in state buyer, thusly, by definition, not truly OTD.

Still, a decent price.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you will look above, I nor the add stated nothing about a 'Total Cost'. The title says... Awesome OTD door price. Conversely, I assume that since there are 50 states in this Great Country that for about 98% of the peps here this price would be the Out The Door Price.. Meaning if you're from any of the other 49 states lay down the cash and walk the bike out the door.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
OTD, by definition, includes all fees, taxes, title, etc. Which so happens to also be, "total cost".

OTD has a definition, which this dealer, does not comprehend.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I paid $7880 OTD and that was WITH property tax, sales tax, plate & title fees. Actual OTD after leaving the dealership was $7690 without property tax. The bike alone was $7350. You will still have to pay sales tax in your home state when you go to register it. It's a misleading eBay ad for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid $7880 OTD and that was WITH property tax, sales tax, plate & title fees. Actual OTD after leaving the dealership was $7690 without property tax. The bike alone was $7350. You will still have to pay sales tax in your home state when you go to register it. It's a misleading eBay ad for sure.
Where'd you buy your bike? That's sounds like a freakin steal!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Powersports of Greenville. Greenville, SC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid $8030.00 OTD w 7% sales tax i registered it in fl... Crossroads Yamaha in Albemarle NC.Then he sold me the YES warranty for only 400!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I paid $8030.00 OTD w 7% sales tax i registered it in fl... Crossroads Yamaha in Albemarle NC.Then he sold me the YES warranty for only 400!!!
So nobody getting charged for prep, destination, computer time, wash and documentation ? :)
I guess it's tougher in NJ and you have to wait too ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my FZ on 8/1/14 and paid 8072.00 tax title and plates here in Ohio, and felt lucky to get one.have 850 miles on it now and I love it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know what the dollars at now, but I paid 10,085 all in, in may of this year. I think we got hosed up in Canada. 8999 sticker price.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine works out to 10300 us dollars including prep plates and a few extras like luggage rack , the 50l box, bug screen and 12v charger. Ontario canada , for that amount the comfortable seat should have been thrown in and the uncomfortable should have been thrown out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts