1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
666 Posts
$80 shipped? Deal! Was going to do another PR2 after this one wears out, but at this price I can't pass it up.

Can't find a ton of info on this particular tire, but it looks like it's pretty popular in Europe.
Here's someone's track day pic (from some German forum somewhere) Looks like a worthy tire.
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
79 Posts
There was a set on my r6 when I got it. They were good tires, I just switched over to pirelli angels cause I hate changing tires all the time, and cause since most of my riding was done with buddies on cruisers I had no real need of anything that grippy.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the deal is over!

And uh...this idiot forgot to order his own! :(

I think I'll keep an eye out for a Pirelli Angel sale.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Did anyone here actually order and receive this tire while it was on sale? When I asked what's up with the order, if it's back ordered or what, I got this:

"Travis, this tire is on b/o and it was also discontinued from Avon. It is possible that we will receive some but no ETA."

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yup. I ordered and got in the deal. But my orders sit, waiting for how long, don't know. They send me email saying they will notify when the recieve some more in for shipping. No time given other then sorry...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did anyone here actually order and receive this tire while it was on sale? When I asked what's up with the order, if it's back ordered or what, I got this:

"Travis, this tire is on b/o and it was also discontinued from Avon. It is possible that we will receive some but no ETA."
Same was here. I ordered metzeller instead, but with a higher price.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've run these Avon's in the past. Grip was decent. Only complaint was as they work they had a bit of cupping.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well, surprise surprise, it shipped today. I really thought it was gonna be one of those too-good-to-be-true deals. That said, I haven't RECEIVED it yet! :p

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't want to scare you, but I have known several riders who have run Avons of different models and they tend to cup badly and split too! One friend had her new Avon delaminate east of Roswell. She did a 70 mph crash on her ST1300.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Got it mounted yesterday and took it out for initial testing today.
Hell YES what a great $80 deal. Dammit why didn't I pick up a front?!

These aren't dual compound, right? That center part must be the anti-static strip?
Edit: seems like it might be according to the specs : "High performance single and multi-compound Super Rich Silica (SRS) treads enhance wet grip"
not exactly clear

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Automotive wheel system

1 - 15 of 15 Posts