Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3900 miles on the original tires, it was time to replace the back. I went ahead and replaced the front that matched the rear, (don't know if its cool to mix match tires) so, I didn't.
I Just got the AV80 rear and AV79 front installed. I did some research and was happy with the info. I found (all manufacture really pimp their products. makes it hard to choose) so I hope I got the right one for my riding style.
I'm Somewhat aggressive. (.5/.25 chicken strips. still trying to lean it just a tad more) I love the tight winding roads in the mountains here in NorCal.
i.e. hwy 1. kings ridge, Coleman valley, Skaggs springs at Lake Sonoma to name a few.
Never been on the track but would love to give it a go.
Oh, and I do some minor commuting in warmer weather.
Has anyone tried these Avon 3D Ultra Sport tires? :cool:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I ran Avon's on my R6 several years back and while a decent tire with avg life, the front developed cupping.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a brand rear new waiting for summer since the OEM was shit, i really love the Avon tires, on my Road Star Warrior, i have chose the Storm Ultra since the 3D dont have the correct specs for it but the Storm 2 Ultra was the only tire that last on this torque monster, the reason that the majority on the RSWARRIOR forum use it, very sticky sides and the center section was harder rubber but still sticky, after 3000km of very hard city drive with Baron front pulley and 100lbs tq on dyno on my Warrior, no sign of wear, very nothing, the Metzeller 888 at the same km have evident sign of wear and the 3D last 15-20% more! The Avon was not a popular tire and i dont know why, not pricely and last forever!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts