Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this issue posted before, but for the life of me cannot find the older post. So, I am going to see what happens with my first original post. I have put around 3,000 miles on the bike since I got it mid-August and absolutely love it. I grew up on dirt bikes (z50, xr70, crf150 and kx250) and this is my 2nd street bike. I have to say the FZ09 is by far one of the most complete out of the box packages I have experienced.

Having said that, like the title says, I recently had the fuel trip count come up and filled up immediately. When I restarted the bike the fuel trip was still up on the display so I tried to to cycle through and noticed that my average miles per gallon reading had reset. Well... at least I thought it had reset, but 60 miles later I am averaging a whopping .3 mpg. I know this is not a performance hindering issue, just me being nit-picky but I like for things to work like they are supposed to (and seeing my average go up is a nice reminder that I do not always have to go wide open all the time).

Thanks in advance for your help! It is always great lurking the forum to see what everyone else is doing to their bikes :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I get the same thing (although usually a different number) from time to time. I just reset it whenever I notice it and it goes back to normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts