Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Auxiliary light bracket for tubes? - done :)

Anybody score hardware to mount to the front tubes for accessory lights? The circumference for the front tubs is around 5 7/8 inches.

UPDATE: At the suggestion of a jeep dealership, a pair of brackets that should work on the FZ9 can be found here. I will attempt and install with the corresponding LED lights the next week or so and report back.

fz9-light-bracket-kc.jpg

41RTsHS-mmL.jpg

Info about the small LED light: The Rigid Industries SR-M LED Light is one of the most versatile lighting products on the market today. This 2 LED light can be used for virtually any lighting application - from off-road to agriculture. The SR-M utilizes the same technology as our Dually in a 1x2 LED configuration - 784 raw lumens at only 10 watts. The compact size and shape of the SR-M LED Light allows it to fit almost anywhere.

Order here.

POST INSTALL

Extremely bright and can be easily swapped with quick disconnect to much brighter lumens as an option. The beam can be manually moved up and sideways with slight pressure while on the bike. I am very happy with the results.

20140604_145552.jpg 20140604_145616.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Nice. I am very interested in installing these. Will they scratch the gold off the fork tubes?

Reactions: fz9-tx-guy

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. I am very interested in installing these. Will they scratch the gold off the fork tubes?
Good question, the brackets will not scratch the fork tubes. The brackets are made of hard plastic. The kit also contains rubber padding to help protect the metal surface as well. I also opted for the quick snap on yellow lens which helps facilitate light penetration when it is raining or during foggy conditions. The build quality is excellent.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I installed one of these today
http://electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/led-hl-h4.htm
but I'm still looking for more lighting since I ride to work at night I like this set up it looks real clean I like you can put it vertical in front of the forks instead of sticking out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
How much did those set you back ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
It set me ahead by standing out in traffic. :cool:

The brackets were $32 and the LED lights were $178 for the set.
I work nights and I installed the Cree led light and its really great and bright wide angle but I want something shooting down the highway straight so I think I will get these thank you :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
The one thing I just thought about when you bottom out the forks do the lights clear the fender ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one thing I just thought about when you bottom out the forks do the lights clear the fender ?
Good question and the answer is yes, it clears with ample space. I also run MotoGP suspension on the front so it may be a bit firmer than the OEM springs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So are the KC's the brackets you used? Also can you show us some night pics with and without the lights?? And any chance you can get me the measurement between the 2 brackets. I'm thinking about putting a "4 or 6" led bar under my headlight. Thank you very much

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So are the KC's the brackets you used? Also can you show us some night pics with and without the lights?? And any chance you can get me the measurement between the 2 brackets. I'm thinking about putting a "4 or 6" led bar under my headlight. Thank you very much
Yes, they are the KC brackets. The nice feature about the light is it has a quick release connector, so you can install MUCH brighter lights if you so desire. These lights project at 800 lumen each, however, you can more than double that light output using some of their other offerings. The light also swivels in various directions, so you can have them point slightly outwards and light up the side of the road thus making deer more visible etc.

The distance between both brackets is 5 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi- I realize this is an old thread, but I just purchased a 2014 FZ09 and am considering lights like these. Question about the fork mounts though: do you have issues with the lights or mounts making contact with the tank assembly (esp the air intakes) when you max your fork turn angle? I'm assuming not, but when I was thinking about mounting something there, it looked like it might be an issue. Also, how's the stability of the light beam with vibrations, given that they're mounted on the lower part of the fork? They look great, are about $100 cheaper than the Denali's, and if I could set them up today I would! Almost sailed over the hood of a car driven by some teenagers who pulled out in front of me because they didn't look long enough... in the daylight. On my BMW GS, I have LED's that I run all the time and this never would have happened. Thanks in advance for any replies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts