Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.. Thanks to Shamrock as I am putting his supplied supermoto fender bracket to use in another way :). Always in a quest for improved lighting, I scoured the net for a practical lighting source that would give me a bit extra lighting for my night time ventures. And it needed to be inexpensive. I found a light that would fit nicely under my headlight, be thin for clearance and provide a boost in light. So, I spent $22 on this Chinese/ebay LED 7 INCH 40W CREE Led Flood Spot Combo Work Light Bar OFFROAD Car 4WD Ellip Beam | eBay and cut/drilled/painted the Shamrock supplied bracket to mount the light. I think the end result looks quite nice and I have 6.5" light > fender clearance. How does it work?? Got tired of cutting/drilling/painting/bolting up, so I'm going to hold off on the wiring up till this weekend. We shall see???
** I now have a $140 Euro Street Rally chin spoiler sitting ob the shelf in the basement. Will hold on to it until I know how the light project works. I'll attach of picture of that to compare to the light. **

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice job. I accomplished the same effect with 2 round, 4 led lights in the same location, wired to a handlebar switch. Throws quite a bit more light too. Sorry about the poor garage lighting and phone pics don't help much. I think you did a better job than I.

lights.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Pics of output?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That should light up the world. I did mine to be seen by cars.

The few times I rode at night the light was amazing.

You will like yours.
Exactly! More frontal light for oncoming/approaching daylight traffic. I like the flood portion for a bit more shoulder lighting at night. Damn varmint's :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts