Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound like a dumb question but because my owners manual thinks it's too much effort to give you a bulb size (not that I'm aware of!) The indicator lights on each side of the head light is a 163, is that the same as a T 10 ? I want to get a whiter bulb like a 4000k

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Here is the PIAA Headlight bulb I installed at the same time. Its Anti-Vibration Bluish Purple Super Plasma GT-X 5000k HID style.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all very nice ! Didn't answer my question though :confused:no biggie. It looks like all T-10's are led's but 168's can be led's as well. I got some cheap red 168's. On, they look dark amber....very cool! I didn't want to have 3 conflicting colors of white (head light, auxiliary, and running light) Yeah, i ditched the butt ugly orange turn signals and installed some Lightech indicaters, white running lights with amber blinkers. The nice thing about these are that there are two small amber led's pointing backwards to remind you that the blinkers are on. will send pics soon.....if you so desire!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
OOH nice!!, I was looking at those lightech's before I got my graves. but I'm still curious about them, looking forward to your pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
brakes

new run lights and turn signal

rear turn (can't see it when brakes are on)

rear facing turn signals

full view

just thought I'd post a few unrelated pics ......just because! I took my forks off and painted them satin black. It was better than that terrible gold but the black was just too blah ! Sanded all that down and re painted aluminum color and then sprayed a two part clear for some protection from gas, oil and such! I really like getting rid of the orange turn signals and gold forks on my red bike ! Sorry i only have the one good pic of the front turn signals. The red brake lights pretty much over power the amber turn signals, same with the white running lights on the front but i still like them. They're different ....like me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dr R and Tunnelvision, were those Aux light bulbs you installed in the headlight easy to install or did it involve some re-wiring? I'm needing some white ones and don't know where to go to get some. Any help?

·
Registered
857 Posts
all very nice ! Didn't answer my question though :confused:no biggie. It looks like all T-10's are led's but 168's can be led's as well. I got some cheap red 168's. On, they look dark amber....very cool! I didn't want to have 3 conflicting colors of white (head light, auxiliary, and running light) Yeah, i ditched the butt ugly orange turn signals and installed some Lightech indicaters, white running lights with amber blinkers. The nice thing about these are that there are two small amber led's pointing backwards to remind you that the blinkers are on. will send pics soon.....if you so desire!
Desire.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have same blinkers from lightech, really like em !
Yes front running lights are t10s . I put t10 LEDs in front head light but for some reason they aren't very bright .

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know this is an old post but could someone give a step by step on how to do this? Or even a general idea would be good to get me on the right track! Thanks in advance if u can help!

·
Registered
88 Posts
How do you change those bulbs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts