Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a 2 amp fuse in the fusebox in the RH air scoop labeled aux. Does anyone know what this is? Maybe to power a gps or something. I couldn't spot a connector anywhere like a lot of bikes have for hooking up extra stuff. I want to use it for my gps if I can figure it out. A wiring diagram would help solve it. Maybe if someone has a manual they can see what that circuit does.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
CoreyTrevor...........See page 4-24 of your owner's manual.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is indeed a small auxillary connector up behind the fuse box under right hand sides fake air intake cover.
You will have to put your fingers in and up the gap... .(!) then you will find the spot... eerrrrr damn how do you explain this technically lol

Attached picture (with connector dummy off)
yamaAUX.jpg

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cap that is on the connector is actually the other half of the connector, just without the terminals. I recycled some terminals from another connector I had and hooked up my GPS to it, it worked! Even though the owners manual makes it sound like you should be careful not to use the aux power and run the battery down, the circuit is switched by the ignition switch and only hot when the key is in the on position.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Auxillary connector type

image.jpg
The cap that is on the connector is actually the other half of the connector, just without the terminals. I recycled some terminals from another connector I had and hooked up my GPS to it, it worked! Even though the owners manual makes it sound like you should be careful not to use the aux power and run the battery down, the circuit is switched by the ignition switch and only hot when the key is in the on position.
Does anyone know what type connector or pins is needed to plug into the auxillary 12v plug beside the fuse box?

·
Registered
95 Posts
View attachment 656

Does anyone know what type connector or pins is needed to plug into the auxillary 12v plug beside the fuse box?
OK, I did some searching and discovered that this is a .090 MT type connector. I was able to pick up a 2-pin connector (Set MT090-2 $5.05 each) from Cycle Terminal (Motorcycle MT .090 - Connector and Terminals) for around $8 shipped. I ended up connecting a 12V cigarette adaptor for my phone/gps that's switched and fused through the ignition. I suppose you could rig your own terminals but going this route provides an exact fit. Hopefully this info helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, I did some searching and discovered that this is a .090 MT type connector. I was able to pick up a 2-pin connector (Set MT090-2 $5.05 each) from Cycle Terminal (Motorcycle MT .090 - Connector and Terminals) for around $8 shipped. I ended up connecting a 12V cigarette adaptor for my phone/gps that's switched and fused through the ignition. I suppose you could rig your own terminals but going this route provides an exact fit. Hopefully this info helps
Thanks, placing order now!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I am assuming that you ordered the male half, correct?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I actually ordered the complete connector since there was a $5 minimum purchase.
I ordered three so that I can switch between a 3BR Powersports TAPP USB connector, and a SAE that plugs into my tankbag. Never hurts to have a spare.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to investigate this!

Ordered the connector today.

Reactions: Kilo

·
Registered
34 Posts
DC Aux connector

Hey I'm a new FZ09 owner here and trying to buy this connector, but I'm wanting to know if I need the Mt090-2 with bottom ribs or the Mt090-2b without the bottom ribs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also FYI I traded my FZ6R for the FZ09 and if anyone had the Pazzo racing levers for the FZ6r, they also fit on the FZ09 as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
somewone can tell me the exact female cycle connector part number and if possible with pic because i can select the right part number, MT090-2 dont exist, all the connectors have a -l or -r on other

1 - 20 of 27 Posts