Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I currently live in Houston but am moving to Austin sometime in May/June and am there fairly frequently otherwise. Would be great to meet up! How do you guys typically organize rides? Email? Forum post?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm new to forum organized meets as well but I assume they would pop up here.. Just subscribe and check back often in case another thread pops up.. Your making a good move by the way! Lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm new to forum organized meets as well but I assume they would pop up here.. Just subscribe and check back often in case another thread pops up.. Your making a good move by the way! Lol
Already subscribed! And I could not agree with you more! Looking forward to getting the hell out of Houston!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Post #24 is planned group ride for tomorrow. Let me know if you guys can make it.

Comment: The ride today to the Three Sisters was fantastic. Perfect weather and a wide assortment of twisty roads to keep one more than alert was the order of the day. Total miles for today's ride, 400 miles and I could have kept on going. The FZ9 is sheer delight in being able to both easily tackle challenging roads or for just simply cruising along in B mode. This bike simply rocks!

20140215_145356.jpg

Next time guys.

:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome Luis.. I am also in south austin.. I see riding in our future!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I will be doing around 450 miles this Saturday starting from Blanco and doing the Three Sisters loop. We will meet at the same gas station in Blanco. We will start the ride around 9:30 in the morning.

Bring plenty of water, it will be in the mid 80s.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wimberley FZ-09 rider here.I have a windscreen for sale.Powerbronze 33cm tinted like new.$100.Can meet in Austin area.Will throw in a homemade radiator screen with sale.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys. Currently in Murrieta, CA but i'm making the move to Austin in a few weeks. Used to live in austin before, had a 2008 Buell 1125 at the time. Can't wait to get back there! Will be working in oak hill (Freescale) and will live in the same general area.

Anyone want to go to the Formula 1 race? I really want to cross that off my bucket list!! Love F1, never been to a race before.

Scott

·
Registered
15 Posts
i am new to the forum but im loving it so far... im about an hour east of austin and would love to get together with some fellow 09s sometime... if anyone happens to swing through Giddings and sees my bike at O'Reilly's you better hit me up!

IMG_20140505_193551_078.jpg

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm off Parmer and Metric, up North.

Shit, you guys are welcome over anytime. There's even a good chance my fridge will be full of good beer. :O

·
Registered
68 Posts
Heyo. Im near 620 @ 183. Looking to organize a group ride for next weekend. I'm happy to come south to meet, too. Saturday or Sunday. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm off 183A @ Avery Ranch - right down the road. Saturday would work best for me. Call92rd is another Rapid Red off 183 @ Cypress Creek.
Sweet. Just heard from NickJ. He might be interested in meeting up Saturday as well. What time Saturday are you thinking? Earlier than later I presume? Supposed to be hot. Do you have a route in mind? Im new to the area so have only been out a few times - through Volente on 2769.

I saw a Rapid Red at Home Depot at 183/Lakeline last night. License Plate 247A3X. Couldn't find them in the store... wonder who that is?

Shoot me a text. Easier than logging in and replying via forum! 832-392-9186.

Colin

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am in the cedar park area. Sunday I road out to the Leander Car show, (first Sunday of every month). It was a bit cold still had a blast on this bike. I will be attending the Cars and coffee car show this Sunday at The Oasis (second sunday of every month). Hope to see some of you out there, meet and ride. I got about 450 miles the bike.

Cody

Cody - might be working on a group ride for Saturday 9/9 if you're game? NickJ, JustWantToRide and myself so far. The more the merrier.

Shoot me a text - 832-392-9186.

Anyone who reads this is welcome! Text me.

Colin

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great cool weather this weekend, so I am setting up a fun 300 mile day ride for this Sunday October 5. We will be starting in Blanco @ the Shell gas station located on 48 Main St. Map can be found here. Let's plan on gathering at the gas station around 9:30 on Sunday. Bring plenty of water and have a full tank of gas. We will ride a variety of roads south of Blanco.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm picking my bike up tomorrow at Woods Fun Center. I live in Manor, TX just east of Austin. Looking forward to riding with y'all.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts