Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it takes me awhile to remember or 'cotton on' sometimes ... But while searching for info through the iPad .. I noticed a FB page for Yamaha Australia ... So I looked it up and browsed through a little ....

Seems we Aussies will indeed be getting the MT09 designation ... 'As in Europe' ...And ... Perhaps the Euro colours as well!! :encouragement:

I'll trawl through it a little more and see if I can dig up some more nuggets!!

.....but .. October or November release ... :( ... But that's ok .. I can't afford it till next year anyway!!

Euro colours?!?! ... Oh yes please!!... ;) Nyah Nyah Yankees!! ;) .. (Though I am still partial to the Graphite!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Purple-ish me too. Very classy. I must have a coloured front fender and that only comes in this colour, in Europe.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
according to FB Yamaha Australia ..

Matt Grey .. hmmmm?

Blazing Orange ... nice!

Racing Blue ... oooooooh ... so tempting!! .. :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
found this.... i know the accessories have been posted in other threads ... but this site at least has the .com.au on it .. so i have to assume at first glance that these are aussie prices.... and compared to Triplethreat link to the canada prices they seem fairly on par ... cool!!! ... plus a few items i dont remember seeing elsewhere ... but that might be just my memory!

MT-09 | Y-Shop Australia

edit .. and looking in the info for the link ... motorcycle/road/torque-sport/mt-09 .... so this 'torque sport' is the new classification?? ... just so happens i noticed a empty heading of that name ... here ... http://ontwowheels.rtrk.com.au/?scid=20073&kw=6577614&pub_cr_id=29974518031

so it looks like they are making little preparations for release....

now .... $$$ .. i need $$$ ... where was that bank with the poor security again?!!?? :rolleyes::cool:;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just spoke to my Yamaha dealer here in Perth Australia.
Gutted that we are not getting the Deep Armour colour here in Oz (purple) The bikes in the ad look bad ass.
It would have been my first choice, the forks look so much better in the gold anodised finish than on the colour in the other bikes, the pin striping on the rims is a neat touch too on that colour.
So its wishy washy grey, Ducati red or plain old black, mmmmmm.
Somebody at Yamaha read the posts and change your mind, spray a few Deep Armour and get even more sales.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok Aussies .. its been a few weeks ... spoke to my local dealer this morning... and caught him in a good moment too... not flat out with phonecalls etc ..

he has been talking to a few higher ups about things in general and some fz/mt 09 things also! ..

firstly .. he updated his online price and availability list yesterday .. the 09 still doesnt show up .. :(

next .. he said the bike is being launched in malaysia in november .. but he honestly doesnt expect Aussie to get any availability/launch till Jan 2014 :( :(

finally .. and this is not so much a bad thing .. more of a info thing ... apparently the ADR compliance thing means that for any Yamaha bike .. they 'change' the production line/run for 3-7 days (depending on overall orders) .. once a month! .. and run through any orders etc in that time frame... then back to 'rest of the world/euro/US' for the rest of any month .. making it kinda predictable for overall timing... but if you happen to place an order during the last day or so of the run and the paperwork doesnt get through quick enough .. your bike wont even be built till the next run .. then shipped to importer .. then sent to dealer .. etc etc .. so a significant potential lag! ... normal for most any vehicle i guess... but the narrow ADR window each month is probably going to extend the hang time... :rolleyes: :confused: :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Another update, havent looked around the board yet to see any similar info from recently...

went to town to drop some paperwork to the accountant... they are closed for the arvo because of the blasted melbourne cup! :confused:

.. anyway .. seeing as i was only 50 metres from the local friendly yamaha dealer... i wandered up to browse and lick the windows etc .. lol

he spotted me and remembering that i have been pestering him about the bike... he came over... he said "what are you doing this thursday 7th Nov ??" ... i said 'working on truck most of day bro' ... "thats a pity, test rides for the MT09 start this thursday!" .... 'you.... wha... really?!?!?!... i feel slightly tingly!' .. "you ok? .. yeah? .. well as soon as you would like to go for a run let me know mate!, you have been the most consistent asker about the bike.... also just to test the waters .. $11,990 RIDE AWAY?" .. 'ooooooooer!, i seriously cant sign up till new year, but you dont know what you doing to my skull bro!!, the missus would have purple puppies if i did it right now!' .. "thats ok, buy when you can, but you welcome to test ride as soon as you wish" ..

so... unless you lot that arent too far away have other better things to be doing .. or an alternate test venue... City Coast Motorcycles, 262 Keira St, Wollongong... Thursday is the first available day..

i am not employed by him nor do i get any kickbacks from him... i just want to share my excitement with the news i got half an hour ago!! .. :D

i was so stunned i didnt even ask what colour etc ... i dont think colour matters for a test ride!! .. :booty:

i will be booking in early next week though... work prevents any previous time.. :(:rolleyes:

the drift ghost will be on the helmet while i ride!! .. ooooooh yeah!! :tongue4:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Umm.. Yeah .. It's kinda how I think mostly (ghhnnnnnnnn) , see got a comma out! .. Not so much meant as a bunch of periods .. But a brief pause... (GGGGHHHHHNNNNNNNN) - plus I dislike commas ... They are bendy sneaky lil bastards and sometimes they jump up like this' or that's ... :cool: bahahahah ------ don't worry you'll get used to it! :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow sounds like a lot of thunder from down under going on!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
The Australian distributor is also the distributor for New Zealand.The MT 09 will be released at Big Boy's Toys expo this weekend.
NZ$ 13999
First shipment completely presold before arrival - looks like I will be waiting till January

·
Registered
611 Posts
You could go with the rapid red...

Get Yellow brake lines, levers, etc. and make it the

Vegemite edition! =)

Vegemite and white bread FTW!

Reactions: eolith

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okie dokie ... My local shop has had one since last Thursday ... I knew this but due to work commitments couldn't get near it ...

And today it was raining cats and dogs!! Honest! ... I stepped in a poodle! :cool:

Spoke to dealer man today ... He said there has only been 2 test rides before today .. Had a look at bike in the flesh! .. Niiiiiiice! .. Was surprised at just how wide the seat looks ... Good for my chunky ass! ... And really surprised at the HUGE tank ... It's gotta have a equally huge cavity underneath it to provide the blasted 14litre capacity :rolleyes:

Anyway... Weather is supposed to clear tmw tues 12th nov ... So in the arvo I am giving myself an early mark from work and about 3pm will be venturing out on a test ride with the Drift Ghost camera on helmet ... If it's still wet then this week for sure when it does clear ... :D

Oh ... And his demo bike is blaze orange! , gold forks ... Looks amazing! ... But I still not totally sold on the colour.... Liquid graphite aka Racing Blue over here has always been my 1st preference ..

Dunlop tyres on it... They still have the green painty line bits along the rubber... So it can't really have been too tested eh?

Reactions: v2Bob
1 - 20 of 21 Posts