Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to see if the repairs were done on Northshore road on the backside of Lake Las Vegas. Shockingly they did more than repairs. There are now 21 miles of fresh sticky asphalt. So fresh that they haven't even painted the lines.

Now get out there and torture your tires. The road all the way to Overton is so clean and smooth now. Didn't see one park police vehicle the entire ride and never got stuck behind any other vehicle. If it wasn't for the oncoming vehicles I would have been all alone.

What an amazing ride today. Icing on the cake was passing another Red FZ09.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's funny, there were a couple of 'pay attention' humps in the road before, and now I still anticipate them even though it's all been graded flat.
Gonna have to relearn all the lines now. It's funny how that road changes and shifts as it ages, I remember last time they repaved it, 5? or 6? years ago.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
They redid a short section of the old pacific hwy (popular riding road in Sydney) a few years ago.
Me and a few mates spent a few hours doing laps, no cops, lovely. Nothing like fresh asphalt.
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I just wish the turns out there were tighter.

·
Registered
377 Posts
what, you don't like taking turns at 70+?:D
We got the Red Rock Loop for that.

It's only the traffic that slows me down on Lakemead.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I problem is not taking them at 70+, it's getting caught doing 70+ in the park.

Red Rock is always full of slow driving tourists....

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
^^^^^Nothing like that in So Florida except in my dreams :(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had no intention of riding out there tonight. But the bike has a mind of its own sometimes. And who am I to stop it!

I ended my week all warm and fuzzy inside and I haven't even opened the Makers Mark yet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
the red rock loop is enough to make you want to rip your hair out, unless u hit it when there isn't much traffic. the north shore rip is nice, but I don't want to deal with overzealous park rangers...... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts