Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be very honest with all of you right now (not that i would lie to you) but people know we bikers or motorcyclists can be very generous when it is needed and i did not plan on buying the tank grips from Stoltec because i did not want to cover the paint but after awhile i realized it was kind of a need for this type of bike. Then i noticed if we got enough people to buy some kids would get some xmas presents who on Gods great earth could refuse a child a gift this time of year? So i want to help get the word out about Stoltec Motos group buy on the tank grips if you have an FZ09 or know you will get one why not make christmas a little bit brighter for a child. NOBODY asked me to do this but when it comes to kids i can't say no. I try to do as many benefit rides for kids as i can i think the most i did in one day is 3.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Nice post Roger.........thanks for doing that!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please inform...what do the tank grips do, and why do we need them? Aside from the charity?
I will try my best. When you apply the brakes you would use your knees to sort of squeeze the tank to prevent yourself from sliding forward with the grips on the sides of the tank it makes it easy to grip the tank thus preventing you from sliding.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ok...seems obvious enough...I haven't found that to be much of an issue on the fz...but that's just me. That being said the charity part seems really nice

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have a few hair size scratches on the tank from not wiping down the tank before putting my tank bag on it. /sigh
Thanks for the reminder. I have a magnetic tank bag maybe a little over sized for the bike but it works.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm a kid and I need tank grips. If someone on here would give me Tank Grips as a Christmas present I will do every charity ride available in my area for the rest of the year. More importantly, I will do the rides with my tank grips installed and tell everyone I ride with how I got my tank grips :) This would be a nice way to end my charitable contributions for the year.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ive read the whole group buy thread and was close to maybe pulling the trigger. Do these tank pads allow a magnetic tank bag to work? 2 of my magnets would be real close or on top of the side pads.

Im not real happy with my new tank bag anyway. Its the Shad on Yamahas accessory page for the fz9. The only bag listed for the bike youd think the magnets wouldnt be right where my knees hit. I folded the pad underneath so I could shorten and raise the magnets and itll work but real disappointing. They may still get in the way with some spirited riding. Is this a common problem with these types of bags?

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Ive read the whole group buy thread and was close to maybe pulling the trigger. Do these tank pads allow a magnetic tank bag to work? 2 of my magnets would be real close or on top of the side pads.

Im not real happy with my new tank bag anyway. Its the Shad on Yamahas accessory page for the fz9. The only bag listed for the bike youd think the magnets wouldnt be right where my knees hit. I folded the pad underneath so I could shorten and raise the magnets and itll work but real disappointing. They may still get in the way with some spirited riding. Is this a common problem with these types of bags?
I don't use tank bags, so I cannot confirm fitment. IF you have rare earth magnets and the high fusion, it might work. I wouldn't bet on anything sticking to the Snake Skin...except your knees.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I would say i have a large tank bag maybe even to big for the tank i can not say. The tank its self is small and i only ride with it when its necessary but it also can work as a back pack in short i guess it will be trial and error.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey thats great we need just 2 more but any after that its a bonus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts