Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having or had trouble getting something from Motomummy ? I heard good things about them on this forum which is why I ordered my levers from them. It has been four weeks now and they keep telling me they are waiting on ASV to send them. I was just wondering if I should cancel my order and get them somewhere else.

Jesse

·
Registered
474 Posts
It is fairly common to have a dealer waiting on parts from their suppliers in this industry. The best vendors have a solid handle on their stock levels and let you know if its not available for immediate delivery and provide an estimated delivery date. Even then, they can only go by supplier ETA's and those are not always accurate.

I have ordered from motomummy and had good results.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mixed results for me from MM. I havent ordered levers but a lot of other stuff - usually they are ok but ive had instances of missed items, incorrectly sent items and delays.

Their prices however are very (from an Australian POV) competitive so the pros usually outweigh the cons most of the time.

@sporti - you still waiting on your asvs from MM?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yep, I've been waiting for about 4 weeks for my ASV's. I ordered a PCV at the same time, so that is also held up, despite being in stock.

Apparently ASV have supplied the clutch lever, but not the brake.

The stock levers are fine, so I don't mind waiting for what I consider to be the best levers on the market.

The pricing in comparison to anywhere else I've seen can't be beaten & whenever I've contacted them for an update, they get back to me in a few hours, considering the time difference, that's pretty good service.

It sucks to have an indefinite ETA, though it'll definitely be worth the wait.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It'll be like Xmas in July!!!!

....maybe August for the suspension! :)

............sorry to hijack the thread.............

·
Registered
221 Posts
and hopefully my carbon akra in July..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ordered a bunch of stuff from moto mummy for my r6 awhile back. Never had any problems. Its probably ASV. Me and my buddy ordered ASV levers for our bikes through our local dealer (r6/r1). He could get his in a week if he wanted black, a month for blue. It varies.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got an email from them today after I contacted them again saying they are waiting on the brake lever from ASV. Looks like were are in the same boat Sporti.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been dealing with ASV directly, it really is them that are taking forever.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I originally thought it was because I ordered mine in gold, but the problem seems to be much more broad than that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I got a call from them telling me they're 2 weeks behind waiting on some parts.

To be honest, they seem like a relatively small company for how much business they do. Truth is, they could just be blaming a third party and are really just behind on production. They very well could've failed to invest and expand at the right time and now have a stellar product, but are beyond their production capacity and are struggling to meet demand.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bad news for those of us with levers on back order..

I went to my local dealer where I know the parts ppl a little. To see if they could get a set. Since the 09 is not listed on asv's site they said they would call asv in the morning..
Asv says sure we have fitment for the 09 but they are on back order no eta.. So my local parts girl calls a rep she knows that is pretty big in the game.. He said asv is having a problem sourcing anyone to mill their levers. I get the feeling from the conversion that asv does not mill their own stuff.

Long story short....
Expected wait, possibly 4-6 months.. Guess I'm looking into pazzo's or crg's.. Canceling my order tomorrow..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well that sucks - would think ASV would have had their suppliers sorted given the size of their operation.

Ive got JPR performance levers - these are good and are very similar to pazzos.

That being said I used to love my pazzos too so theyre a good option as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts