Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Anyone going to be in the Asheville North Carolina area in the next 2 weeks? I am heading up Thursday for 2 weeks. Staying in Chandler 3 miles from the Blue Ridge.

Peace

·
Registered
616 Posts
You can go to the member map and pm the members that live in the area. You won't have to just rely on your thread to reach them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dress in warm layers. Gets cold up in the mountains this time of year during the mornings and early evenings.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you haven't already been there, shoot me a pm and I can help out for entertaining things to do and Don't miss places. I lived there for 5 years. Don't miss 74-A to lake lure and Town Mt. Rd. Straight out of downtown to the Blueridge Parkway.
For some great twisty roads. Just remember that Deals Gap is only 1.5 hrs away! Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Dude, you are in the middle of some very good riding.
If you are in Candler, there is 151 up to the parkway. To the west is 276 and 215, both very good.
To the north and just across I-40 is 63 to 209 to Hot Springs. Out of Hot Springs is 212, a fun little
jog to the northeast where it changes to 352. Where that dumps out just under US23/future I26
you will see a road listed as 19W running south. It gets sort of tricky there at that junction, but you
should find 19W. A great road that starts out tight and eventually opens up into some classic river bottom
high speed sweepers. A real blast. From where 19W dumps into 19 head west and hop on the US23/I26
south back to I40 and onto Candler. There is a ton of lesser known great roads in that area.

Let me know how much time you have to range about. If your time is all yours during those two weeks,
you will get into north Georgia, east Tennessee, and Virginia.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hope I didn't put you off about the member map, but everybody forgets about it. If you head up the BRP towards Fancy Gap, let me know. There's a lot of good kiss my ass turns here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts