Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
That's great. Do you have stock suspension? Do you stay seated or stand on pegs (looks like you have high bend bars)?

·
Registered
407 Posts
That has got to be a ton of fun in the dirt!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great. Do you have stock suspension? Do you stay seated or stand on pegs (looks like you have high bend bars)?
Yup. I softened it a bit but otherwise bone stock. I wish I had more travel but I just slow down when it gets rough. The bars are stock but I made 2" risers and stand when it gets rough.

How do those tires ride on the street ? I'm going to be moving to a more rural area in less than a year.
They are excellent. Don't expect high mileage though or to be dragging your knees.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That thing is kinda shocking to look at. You think "street bike", then you look and see the changes. I can't imagine what it does in dirt.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Especially since ypur oil pan is made out of top notch NASA made aluminum foil.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice. But the FZ has low ground clearance, be careful out there. :icon_thumright:
For what I do the clearance is fine.

Especially since ypur oil pan is made out of top notch NASA made aluminum foil.
take a closer look. It has a strong aluminum bash plate added. Impact with rocks is a non-issue. I tested it too :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the look with these tires, it gives a cafe racer style. Obviously if you want to do off-road a FJ-09 is much better, but it doesn't matter if you don't ride on bad trails, this does the job too. Cool idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts