Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Why cant somebody design something along the lines of the MV Augsuta??

Reactions: Kischardio

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's the one I've been waiting for.. Under 900 bucks!

Reactions: nickv09 and Niner

·
Registered
235 Posts
Full system or just the can? o_O
Full system.. $736-9xx(incorrect) more like $880 and up depending on which slip on/cap you get..

Well it looks as though I mixed my currencies up.. I apologize for false hope but it is still the least expensive full system.. starting under $900 and once US dealers get them the price may be cheaper yet just like the bike itself so time will tell..

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone purchased either of the Arrow slip-ons? Im thinking about getting one simply to increase the volume.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had a full Arrow race system on my 08 GSXR750, build quality overall was good and it was light for sure, would not rate the quality up with Akrapovic but it seems like this full system will be at least $250 less MSRP.

Bit raspy, similar to M4 or TBR on the 750 - probably be similar on the triple.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Marthy's is the least expensive full system actually....just saying.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Has anyone purchased either of the Arrow slip-ons? Im thinking about getting one simply to increase the volume.
I don't think the Arrow is a slip on. The only slip-on systems I know of right now are the M4, and Marthy's. Although with Marthy's at least you get a decent merge collector too

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I thought Marthy's wasn't a full system, that it in fact uses the OEM stainless headers?
You are correct, my mistake. It's somewhere in between because as Stellmon said its got a custom merge collector. So you can get everything and a fuel controller for less than most of these other exhausts. It's a screaming deal unless you live in CA, then it's not quite legal.

Reactions: dantheman

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought Marthy's wasn't a full system, that it in fact uses the OEM stainless headers?
You are correct sir! But the crappy Do-beck (or however they are spelled) controllers are VERY old technology with very limited capability. If you're in the market for a awesome fuel controller just wait for the Power Commander to come out. It's actually out, just not fine tuned for the Fz09 maps. With Auto Tune it can tune on the fly

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my bike, arrow full system. Holy shit this thing just flies and turns, amazing.

Anyway, just wanted to link this video I made and show the dynopapers I got. With the Arrow system I get 116hp on the wheel, pretty good stuff!

Bänkpapper.jpg

·
Registered
659 Posts
Would a fuel controller be a power commander? If yes then yes, if no then no :)
Yes! I am assuming Power Commander V?

DB Insert removed?

That is a very encouraging DynoGraph to see! If I am not mistaken, those figures are some of the greatest gains of any of the aftermarket alternatives at the moment (116hp w/ 62 lb-ft of torque max...wow!). Granted, it all depends on the bike, Dyno, Conditions, etc...but still excellent to see!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts