Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: 04-05-2014

Installations Notes:
http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-g...buy-coming-soon-potentially-27.html#post31173

Header Alignment Notes:
http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-g...buy-coming-soon-potentially-33.html#post33656

Un-Installed Photos:
http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/6-f...-buy-coming-soon-potentially-5.html#post23801
http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/6-f...-buy-coming-soon-potentially-5.html#post23808

Installed Photos!:
http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/6-f...buy-coming-soon-potentially-10.html#post24847
http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/6-f...buy-coming-soon-potentially-10.html#post24848

Sound Clip (My apologies but it's Weak)
http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/6-f...buy-coming-soon-potentially-12.html#post25039

I just wanted to give a heads-up that I am working with Arrow Italy for a potential group buy on their full exhaust system. The majority of the details are worked out with the exception of import costs/fees. Along those lines, I have purchased a single unit from Italy to evaluate the "real-Life" total cost (At a bit of a risk and higher initial cost for me). My incentive? If the numbers work out, and we can get a group buy together, Arrow will refund the difference from MSRP versus the Group rate.

A few Details for the group purchase:
-They would look to get at least 15 people interested (working on getting it down to 10)

-The only way they will allow the discounted rate is if all units are the same and ship at the same time. I took a bit of liberty here, Based on what I thought was the most appealing aesthetic option at the most appealing price point, and selected the full system with Aluminum Dark Silencer with Carbon Cap (Photos Below). I am working to see if they will allow substitutions but the seem rather hesitant as they can recognize efficiency benefits from assembly of a single design. The shipping aspect is pretty straight forward; All items would ship to the US in one box and the individual units would be shipped to their new home!

-Turn-Around time: Only 3-5 days to Ship to the US! About 1-week Transit time (assuming customs clearance goes smoothly). And another 2-5 days to get to you. Total time about 2-3 Weeks...Not too bad.

All that said, I am going to wait for the first unit to arrive so I can have the costs nailed down 100%. This will also give me a chance to give some hands-on quality, fit, and finish reviews as well as some additional photos (Which they are currently lacking on their website).

So, if you have any interest, please feel free to reply here or send me a PM/e-mail.

Please Note: Arrow has asked that I do not post pricing publicly so please message me for details. It goes without saying but please do not post/re-post the Group Buy rate on the public forums. Thank you!

Thanks for looking and let's see what we can drum up for interest!!!

Scott
[email protected]

Aluminum Dark Silencer with Header/Collector (Kit as it would ship):

Aluminum Dark Silencer:

Standard Titanium Mounted on the Bike (For Reference Only):

Dyno Chart:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will be interested.

Reactions: skooter65

·
Registered
835 Posts
I may be interested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interested, depending on price.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just wanted to give a heads-up that I am working with Arrow Italy for a potential group buy on their full exhaust system. The majority of the details are worked out with the exception of import costs/fees. Along those lines, I have purchased a single unit from Italy to evaluate the "real-Life" total cost (At a bit of a risk and higher initial cost for me). My incentive? If the numbers work out, and we can get a group buy together, Arrow will refund the difference from MSRP versus the Group rate.

A few Details for the group purchase:
-They would look to get at least 15 people interested (working on getting it down to 10)

-The only way they will allow the discounted rate is if all units are the same and ship at the same time. I took a bit of liberty here, Based on what I thought was the most appealing aesthetic option at the most appealing price point, and selected the full system with Aluminum Dark Silencer with Carbon Cap (Photos Below). I am working to see if they will allow substitutions but the seem rather hesitant as they can recognize efficiency benefits from assembly of a single design. The shipping aspect is pretty straight forward; All items would ship to the US in one box and the individual units would be shipped to their new home!

-Turn-Around time: Only 3-5 days to Ship to the US! About 1-week Transit time (assuming customs clearance goes smoothly). And another 2-5 days to get to you. Total time about 2-3 Weeks...Not too bad.

All that said, I am going to wait for the first unit to arrive so I can have the costs nailed down 100%. This will also give me a chance to give some hands-on quality, fit, and finish reviews as well as some additional photos (Which they are currently lacking on their website).

So, if you have any interest, please feel free to reply here or send me a PM/e-mail.

Please Note: Arrow has asked that I do not post pricing publicly so please message me for details. It goes without saying but please do not post/re-post the Group Buy rate on the public forums. Thank you!

Thanks for looking and let's see what we can drum up for interest!!!

Scott
[email protected]

Aluminum Dark Silencer with Header/Collector (Kit as it would ship):

Aluminum Dark Silencer:

Standard Titanium Mounted on the Bike (For Reference Only):

Dyno Chart:
Holy Crap, that all black on silver frame looks awesome! wish the U.S. market had a chance at that! and I like the look of that exhaust a lot. Thanks for taking the initiative, but I will probably have to wait until beyond the group buy. Can't wait to hear reports and sound!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice looking headers, I like the primaries all in the same plane from the side view, makes the stockers look kind of snagly toothed like a kid who needs braces..

Why does the dyno chart drop off at around 8700 rpm...what am I missing?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Is the group buy going to be much different than the offering from MotoStarz?

Their aluminium black + carbon tip option is Retail Price: $987.00 / Sale Price:$848.82.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Their aluminium black + carbon tip option is Retail Price: $987.00 / Sale Price:$848.82.

I was gonna ask the same thing.. That's the color combo I'm interested in.. I may commit if the price is right.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PM price please.
PM Sent!

It is as per out earlier PM; Please message me if you have any additional questions. Thank You

I was gonna ask the same thing.. That's the color combo I'm interested in.. I may commit if the price is right.
PM Sent!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking headers, I like the primaries all in the same plane from the side view, makes the stockers look kind of snagly toothed like a kid who needs braces..

Why does the dyno chart drop off at around 8700 rpm...what am I missing?
I asked the exact same question to the Arrow rep; She has not gotten back to me yet. I will update the post as soon as I have news!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Your mail box is full but yes I am interested.. Thanks for the info and getting a hold of arrow for this..

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
This is an exhaust that I may very well be interested in also. I just can't make myself like the Graves, and even though I can get a really great price on the Akra, through a work relationship, Arrow is a quality system and I like the way it looks on the FZ. Just remember though, add in the cost of a fuel management system to over-ride the fueling of the bike, especially if you will be running without the DB killer in it.

1 - 20 of 402 Posts