·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding, I'm bored at work :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Armor all is bad for the rubber. I rub my tire (tread area only, not the sidewalls) with used motor oil. It gives the shine plus it has all the essentials to keep rubber supple and free from cracks.

Just make sure to replace the tire after every application.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Armor on tires is a great recipe for a close up asphalt inspection or perhaps a dirt nap.

Great idea...at least you will look cool with shiney sidewalls on the way down...lol.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Armor all is bad for the rubber. I rub my tire (tread area only, not the sidewalls) with used motor oil. It gives the shine plus it has all the essentials to keep rubber supple and free from cracks.

Just make sure to replace the tire after every application.
I like Burt Munro's black shoe polish protocol. Guaranteed to help you set world records too.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Lemon Pledge for the whole bike. The tires will smell sweeeet.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Or is it Black Shoe Polish that works best to shine things up and fill all the cracks in the rubber????

It worked for Burt Munro, and he set a speed record or two, well in the movie at least, lol.

Vehicle Race car Formula libre Car Open-wheel car

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I had a friend in highschool who went around a corner to fast and told us he wrecked because he put to much armorall on his side walls lmao.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like to use armorall mixed with USDA certified organic coconut oil, or the old classic Orange Glo which is so versatile...and that citrus smell is unbelievable!

Though I'm exploring some unorthodox options in order to achieve that "just rode up out the lake wet" look... like right now I'm thinking some marine-grade spar varnish, and maybe doing like 6-8 coats. See 'cause next week they're having a bikini contest at bike night and I'm really trying to make sure the ladies notice me this time. I gotta come up with something crazy cause I don't have any chrome OR airbrushed ghost skulls on my not-even-a-liter-bike. I'm desperate guise...please help!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts