Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're pretty familiar with riding in Arkansas and try to get over from Atlanta two or three times a year.

Planning on heading over May 31st. Not sure where we will be running to and for how many days.
Likely to start in Mountain View and work our way over to Eureka Springs, Jasper and then up into Missouri.
Maybe even the Talimena Skyway into Oklahoma. All we know is that there are more roads than we can get to
in a week.

Any FZ owners over that way?

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You said "we". Who is the other?
I might be up for heading that way, I love Arkansas also.

My best friend is in the last stages of his fight with Pancreatic cancer and he wants to go over for a short visit with his mom in Horseshoe Bend. After that, we will see where his whims take us. The other two riders are old friends. One is a Battalion Commander and former MCN contributor, the other is a much younger guy and hotshoe KTM rider. I wasn't so much soliciting other riders to come along for the tour, as I was interested in meeting up with Arkie FZ owners for a meal and perhaps a short squirt. There will be other opportunities in the future for a more inclusive situation as far as getting a group together for a couple of days of riding. Have you ever ridden MO112 & 86 down around Roaring River State Park? I love those little roads.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got back from a 3 day trip there.......and I'm always ready to go back...

I'll keep this in mind...
Rexster, I have many favorite roads over there. Which ones are your favorites?

·
Registered
233 Posts
9 is my #1
58....great!
263...not much better anywhere.
123...got it all!
Push.....one of the top picks in the nation

Rode the Pig Trail...good but some road work here and there to watchout for.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
9, 58, 263 and Push Mountain. You are pretty familiar with that little corner between Mountain Home and Mountain View. You ever take 87 into Mountain View?
And 123 is indeed a great ride. The last few miles of 9 down to Allison at the river is a sweet ride. I like the motel there at Anglers Resort.
I don't enjoy the Pig Trail. Lots of V-twins loafing over there. If I had one nitpick about Arkansas, it is the deer population. I always seem to have a moment with those critters even at midday year round. You ever eat or stay over at the Cliff House?

Arkansas would be a great location for a St. Louis, Tulsa, Memphis, Dallas FZ Rally.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes to all....I know Arkansas pretty well...
Stayed at the Hub this past weekend for our Rally.
Got to hit some of the more western roads.
Push area is a daytrip for me...a long day...but worth it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts