Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customized motorcycle by the company that brings car drivers closer to the feeling of motorcycles. Yay or nay?

The Ace is powered by the 1237cc V4 engine from the Honda VFR1200, making 173hp at 10,000rpm and 131Nm of torque at 8,750rpm.

Each motorcycle can be tailored and fitted to individual customer choice, 'From low riding cruiser, through street and naked machines, to supersport bikes the Ace will be built to owners' specific requirements and desires.'

Read more:
Revealed: Ariel Ace - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown
& Ariel Ace motorbike revealed - PistonHeads

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
holy price point batman $20k.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow, it sure looks heavy, the opposite of the Ariel Atom sports car. And it looks like the price is 20,000 British pounds, which converts into about $34,000. Yikes!

But I probably wouldn't bet against Ariel, their car is said to be incredible by lots of folks (Top Gear loves it)...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I like the nakedness, the displayed structure etc. Not sure about the choice of engine, good power qualities but a bit of a lump visually, for a V I'd like to see a KTM in it, or maybe a V4 Aprilia.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It can be customized to suit the customers needs. So who knows how high that price tag can get.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For 34K, I'd expect a one off engine... Obviously this bike is for the upper class peeps who have nothing better to do with their hard earned cash flow...cough cough

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is modular, that is the best part of it.

Your Ace can have:
conventional forks, or whatever that is on the white bike.
solo seat, or pillion seat
full rear hugger, or rear fender
naked, or fully faired
this wheel, or that wheel
this tank, or that tank
etc..

When they make a configurator for this bike, I will lose hours of my life.

Edit: Seriously, look at those two bikes. Even the radiator appears to be different between the two. Another article makes me think the frame and engine are the only major items that can't be changed. Manual or automatic transmission?!?! It is like ordering a one-off bike from a bin of parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
VFR1200 motor is nice!

Not sure on the fuel tank size... It looks to be no more than about 5L lol.

I wonder how BMW feel about the tele-lever front suspension on the white one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts