Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I ran over something that punched a good sized hole in my rear tire.

Swapped it out on Tuesday.

Last night on the way home I swerved to avoid a car that moved into my lane and ran over a piece of plywood.

This morning, my front tire is flat...

Damn! Had to ride the BMW instead and I was looking forward to riding the FZ this morning.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
:sad11: Not good! :sad11:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
So you getting new tires? Nothing a plug can fix?

And, anything to ride is better than a cage (even a BMW)- I wish I had a standby ride for such days!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you getting new tires? Nothing a plug can fix?

And, anything to ride is better than a cage (even a BMW)- I wish I had a standby ride for such days!
I already replaced the rear as it was 2/3 of its service life and I had another rear tire already to go on.

The front tire is only about 1/3-1/2 through it's service life. Don't know the nature of the puncture yet so I don't know if I will replace it or patch it (patch it from the inside).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Definition of Prick

n. 1. That which pricks, penetrates, or punctures; a sharp and slender thing; a pointed instrument; a goad; a spur, etc.; a point; a skewer.
Pins, wooden pricks, nails, sprigs of rosemary.
- Shak.

It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
- Acts ix. 5.

2. The act of pricking, or the sensation of being pricked; a sharp, stinging pain; figuratively, remorse.
3. A mark made by a pointed instrument; a puncture; a point.
4. (Naut.) A small roll; as, a prick of spun yarn; a prick of tobacco.
v. t. 1. To pierce slightly with a sharp-pointed instrument or substance; to make a puncture in, or to make by puncturing; to drive a fine point into; as, to prick one with a pin, needle, etc.; to prick a card; to prick holes in paper.
[imp. & p. p. Pricked ; p. pr. & vb. n. Pricking.]

2. To fix by the point; to attach or hang by puncturing; as, to prick a knife into a board.
The cooks prick it [a slice] on a prong of iron.
- Sandys.

3. To mark or denote by a puncture; to designate by pricking; to choose; to mark; - sometimes with off.
Some who are pricked for sheriffs.
- Bacon.

Let the soldiers for duty be carefully pricked off.
- Sir W. Scott.

Those many, then, shall die: their names are pricked.
- Shak.

4. To mark the outline of by puncturing; to trace or form by pricking; to mark by punctured dots; as, to prick a pattern for embroidery; to prick the notes of a musical composition.
5. To ride or guide with spurs; to spur; to goad; to incite; to urge on; - sometimes with on, or off.
Who pricketh his blind horse over the fallows.
- Chaucer.

The season pricketh every gentle heart.
- Chaucer.

My duty pricks me on to utter that.
- Shak.

6. To affect with sharp pain; to sting, as with remorse.
Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart.
- Acts ii. 37.

7. To make sharp; to erect into a point; to raise, as something pointed; - said especially of the ears of an animal, as a horse or dog; and usually followed by up; - hence, to prick up the ears, to listen sharply; to have the attention and interest strongly engaged.
8. To render acid or pungent.
9. To dress; to prink; - usually with up.
10. (Naut) To run a middle seam through, as the cloth of a sail.
11. (Far.) To drive a nail into (a horse's foot), so as to cause lameness.
v. i. 1. To be punctured; to suffer or feel a sharp pain, as by puncture; as, a sore finger pricks.
2. To spur onward; to ride on horseback.
A gentle knight was pricking on the plain.
- Spenser.

3. To become sharp or acid; to turn sour, as wine.
4. To aim at a point or mark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts