Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've navigated to DIAG D1 and have found the following readings while rotating the throttle grip:

Value 1 Open = 101
Value 1 Closed = 17
Value 13 Open = 101
Value 13 Closed = 17
Value 14 Open = 101
Value 14 Closed = 17
Value 15 Open = 101
Value 15 Closed = 17

Am I right in thinking that I should be aiming for:

Value 14 Closed = 22
Value 15 Closed = 24

As long as I don't exceed those values and ensuring the mode switch still works?

If so do I just ignore what the fully open values are, what value should I be seeing at fully open? Don't want to restrict my open throttle!

Also I don't see how I can get value 14 to 22 and value 15 to 24 as they are both currently the same (17) so if i move 14 to 22 then surely 15 will move to 22 also?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I've adjusted it but as above can only get the same readings for both 14 & 15

As it stands they are both 21 when closed and 105 when open.

And the mode button switching still works.

I just find it odd that other people are seeing different values for 14 & 15 while mine are exactly the same?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd love to help but I have no idea what you're talking about, what TPS values mean or what adjusting them might do.

Possibly others are in the same situation.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Throttle Position Sensor

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. I know what TPS means but nothing else you're asking.
Well no offence but maybe this isn't the thread for you. A quick search on the forum for 'TPS ADJUST' should give you some info.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no wonder.
If you don't know anything about the topic then please don't spam up the thread with nonsense. I've tried pointing you in the direction of a similar thread as you've stated mine didn't have enough info for you but as you're clearly not interested in the topic then please can you quit cluttering this one up with your trolling/baiting.

Many people have tweaked the position of their TPS sensors so will already be able to understand my OP, and as those are the people I'd like to hear from there is no need for me to explain it any further.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
it doesn't matter if the values of 14 and 15 are the same or different - they're two independent signals from the same sensor for redundancy. as long as you adjust the sensor so that neither falls outside the specified range, you're fine.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it doesn't matter if the values of 14 and 15 are the same or different - they're two independent signals from the same sensor for redundancy. as long as you adjust the sensor so that neither falls outside the specified range, you're fine.
Okay thanks, there also seems to be a little confusion over whether its values 1 & 13 or 14 & 15 I should be looking at? Does it even matter which?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Okay thanks, there also seems to be a little confusion over whether its values 1 & 13 or 14 & 15 I should be looking at? Does it even matter which?
it's 14 and 15 you should be looking at - these are for the sensor that's connected to the throttle grip. 1 and 13 are for the sensor on the throttle butterflies.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's 14 and 15 you should be looking at - these are for the sensor that's connected to the throttle grip. 1 and 13 are for the sensor on the throttle butterflies.
Awesome thanks, so they are both now at 21 closed and 105 open ao thats basically as good as I'm going to get it then?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pretty much. you could push it to 22 if you want, but that's the upper limit for 14 and doesn't allow for any drift.
Cool, I'll leave it there then

1 - 20 of 21 Posts