Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. A ZX6RR shock is impossible to find, so I have been looking at alternatives. Someone posted a comprehensive shock swap chart, and I see the 04/05 GSXR 600 shock is 332 mm eye-to-eye and has a 425 lb./in. spring. It may not have high-speed compression adjustment, but other than that it looks like a possibility.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have a couple of GSXR shocks in my random spare parts bins and attempted to install the GSXR shock in the FZ09 a year ago. As I recall, the issue was the reservoir had clearance issues with the frame. But I don't have any pics or anything to back up that memory.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just bought one, it's a 07/08, and it's 12.5 inches center eye to eye, while the stocker is 13".

I'm going to keep it and use it by making slightly LONGER connecting arms between the bent pivot point, and the swingarm. (Most folks user shorter ones to lower the bike, I want stock ride height, or perhaps even slightly higher tail, so the longer arms will do the job very well I think.)

And they are cheap.

The shock I got was less than 40.00 delivered, has high/low speed compression adjustment, and rebound as well as being based around the RR shock body, with the raised areas in the casting etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried installing the shock yet to see if it works otherwise-the mounts, clearance with the tray, etc.? Also, if the shorter shock lowers the bike, wouldn't shorter links be needed to restore stock ride height? Wouldn't longer ones lower it even more?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts