Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6ft and 1,6 inch (1,87 m) tall and i think the bike looks a bit small, anyone whos tall bought it? is it comfortable for tall guys or it looks funny?
Also what's its top speed?
Thnx for replies

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a review on Youtube yesterday from a guy in Antwerp who is 6 ft 5. He said it was fine for him.

Search Youtube for Jef Motard.

Top speed is supposed to be about 125mph, or 200kph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I saw a review on Youtube yesterday from a guy in Antwerp who is 6 ft 5. He said it was fine for him.

Search Youtube for Jef Motard.

Top speed is supposed to be about 125mph, or 200kph.
I got on it , i think it seems a bit small, i couldnt test drive it though. What do you think?

WP_20140415_010.jpg

WP_20140415_011.jpg

As a comparison i ride the mt09

WP_20140415_006.jpg WP_20140415_007.jpg WP_20140415_008.jpg

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks like the pegs are slightly lower on the 09? I think you look fine on the 07, but I'm 6 feet 2 inches and ride a Hawk GT so I'm used to things being pretty snug...

·
Registered
341 Posts
How is the handlebar width difference between the two? I'm told the the 07 is a few inches shorter in bar length.

·
Registered
877 Posts
How is the handlebar width difference between the two? I'm told the the 07 is a few inches shorter in bar length.
Bars are about 2 inches narrower .

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looks like the pegs are slightly lower on the 09? I think you look fine on the 07, but I'm 6 feet 2 inches and ride a Hawk GT so I'm used to things being pretty snug...
Pegs same height as FZ 09.

Front seat, however, is 1 inch lower.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why cant you test it?

Any dealer that says no to a test ride on a bike I am looking to purchase, can also say no to me being a customer of theirs.
Its absolutely ridiculous the stories I hear about dealers not allowing people to test ride bikes. Can you imagine if this happened in the car industry?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why cant you test it?

Any dealer that says no to a test ride on a bike I am looking to purchase, can also say no to me being a customer of theirs.
Its absolutely ridiculous the stories I hear about dealers not allowing people to test ride bikes. Can you imagine if this happened in the car industry?
Dealers here in Arizona USA don't allow test rides which sucks. It would be nice if at the very least they had a demo unit to try but I guess they don't want to spend the money on units.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts