Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Moreso an issue with poor communication, like elp_jc wrote. When the manufacturer says a bike will be available in March (for the SP, at least) and here we are going into May with none to be found, it's reasonable for people to be upset.

Add in the manufacturer date on some of the base models being 6 months ago and even those still aren't readily available, it gets frustrating.

This isn't an issue of "people today are so wrapped up with instant gratification", it's manufacturers not sticking to their word or being transparent with regards to updates.
Yep. I have no problem waiting. This bike ticks every upgrade I want from the rebel I have now. The thing that frustrates me is being told the dealership was taking delivery in April then not hearing anything from them. I finally reached out to them yesterday and they still haven’t gotten any MT09s delivered that they ordered. Not just mine but all of them. They said it was out of their hands and just to be patient. Which I totally get.

Yamaha needs to reach out to these dealerships and let them know what’s going on, especially if there are people like me with money tied up in deposits on bikes that were said to be delivered in a certain timeframe and still aren’t.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hey, you Europeans got the first deliveries! Seems like north america got a whole bunch all at once over the last week or so, though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The dealership I used to work for got 4 2021s 4-5 days ago and has 1 left. They ordered 4 SP, 1 will be here in June, the others they said will be here in September.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you know when the SPs were ordered?
I put a deposit on one in February, not looking forward to waiting until June, let alone September.
I'm not sure when their order window was open. Dealerships will order a certain amount of product, or however many they are allowed to order, not just when people put a deposit down. I'm in Colorado, but typically dealerships work like this as far as I know and how it worked when I worked at this dealership.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Here in Oz, June is being touted as the ETA. Do not hold your breath! ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I saw one today. The headlight looks ultra cheap; highly disappointed at that. Just cheap plastic, and not even smooth; just crappy plastic.
This is disappointing, especially when so much else is reported as being so right! But I guess that a nice aftermarket screen such as the GIVI I had on my 2020 - when available - will cover-up or hide much of that area. Let's hope so - ha'porth of tar, anybody?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow! That looks similar to my neighbourhood (mark you, so many do). Do tell where you goddit - Redland Bay here. Looks positively petite - oi loike!! Any chance of my having a look - not a touch or ride!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The most similar bike to the SP is the 890R, but the best price I found for one equipped with what the SP has (tech pack + cruise), would cost me $13,500, + TTL and $125, for a total of just north of $14,500. OUCH! My question is how much fees are you guys buying the SP in the states are getting tacked on (excluding $125 of doc fee, to compare apples to apples). The dealer here wants a grand, so the comparable price would be $12K, so still about $1.5K less than the Duke. The only big difference wit the Duke is its awesome brakes, and that the front forks are 43mm (vs 41 for the SP and regular 09). Oh, and it comes with solo and passenger hardware. But the rest is almost the same, with minor differences, like the KTM offering supermoto mode, etc. Finally, which bike is more likely to retain its value better? I don't mind spending a bit more, as long as I could get it back at resale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not the SP but you get the picture.
Received mine last week (Netherlands, Europe)
This is BY FAR the best bike I have ever had.
Suspension is way better then on the second gen. And the sound? I don’t need any update also. It’s loud, it’s sexy, it’s better then any standard exhaust. Short: It’s a beast!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wow! That looks similar to my neighbourhood (mark you, so many do). Do tell where you goddit - Redland Bay here. Looks positively petite - oi loike!! Any chance of my having a look - not a touch or ride!!!
I am near Garden city, preordered through TeamMoto Northside, they got 3 preordered 09SP's in last week, I picked mine up the next day they arrived.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am near Garden city, preordered through TeamMoto Northside, they got 3 preordered 09SP's in last week, I picked mine up the next day they arrived.
What's your opinion of the sp compared to your Duke? I see you already swapped out for larger rotors.

·
Registered
218 Posts
[/Q
My main worry for the new model is if it is stable at high speeds above 160km/h. The wobble was the main reason I sold my '17 model.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is my 5th 09 & none of them ever had any high speed wobble.
I'm sure that I was not the inly one that I was fighting with this phenomenon. Believe me that I tried everything. The Michelins helped a lot. I hope that the new will be solid at high speeds!
Although at 26.20 minute this guy?

61 - 80 of 105 Posts