Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
53 Posts
I'm new here - getting my '21 SP delivered in 2 days. Didn't pre-order... was just lucky. Dealer had a Tracer 9GT I was interested in but was missing the panniers...that was ~1mo ago. He called last week to told me he got a Yamaha delivery - went there, disliked the Tracer's panniers so wanted a MT-09 but need cruise (hand injury). In the delivery, he had his last SP of the season. I gave him a deposit sight unseen. Sat on a red one (non-sp) yesterday!

Can't wait to get my ride!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm new here - getting my '21 SP delivered in 2 days. Didn't pre-order... was just lucky. Dealer had a Tracer 9GT I was interested in but was missing the panniers...that was ~1mo ago. He called last week to told me he got a Yamaha delivery - went there, disliked the Tracer's panniers so wanted a MT-09 but need cruise (hand injury). In the delivery, he had his last SP of the season. I gave him a deposit sight unseen. Sat on a red one (non-sp) yesterday!

Can't wait to get my ride!
Where abouts are you located. Still waiting for mine to be delivered in Ontario. ETA is July.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
53 Posts
Where abouts are you located. Still waiting for mine to be delivered in Ontario. ETA is July.
North of Montreal - bike was delivered to Alary Sport (five star dealer) last week. Was still in the crate yesterday.... but I saw it (and it was the correct bike lol).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone on the US east coast heard from their dealer about potential delivery date of the 21-SP?
I was first told June then early July and now second half of July.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else with a new 21 bike has had a call from the dealers asking to bring the bike back for brake light switch recall undr warranty. Worldwide issue according to the dealer. I need to bring mine next week got the call today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A friend of mine in Florida went to a dealer in Miami who he is friends with to see if they had any 21 MT09s and they had just gotten one in yesterday. He asked what they wanted for it and their friend price was $12,600. including tax and title. To me that is about $2,000. more than what it should sell for and he took a pass. It was the standard model.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else with a new 21 bike has had a call from the dealers asking to bring the bike back for brake light switch recall under warranty.
Any info on that recall or TSB? And where is the problem: Front and/or rear? And wherever it is, hopefully just an external switch, since the pressure ones (by the ABS unit), are more complicated, and a full brake fluid bleed job is needed after that. KTM 790/890s have that kind of pressure switches (both front and back brakes) on top of the ABS unit.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09 Storm Fluo
63 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else with a new 21 bike has had a call from the dealers asking to bring the bike back for brake light switch recall undr warranty. Worldwide issue according to the dealer. I need to bring mine next week got the call today.
Nothing comes up when i search my VIN on their recall page. But no, no call from my dealer regarding this issue yet either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nothing comes up when i search my VIN on their recall page. But no, no call from my dealer regarding this issue yet either.
Same for me, nada. MT09 is not effected.

The 18,203 motorcycles covered by the recall are model years 2013-2021 Yamaha MTT9GT (TRACER GT), MXTGTKL (NIKEN GT), MT10, XTZ12 (SUPER TÉNÉRÉ), FJ13, XV19B (STAR ELUDER) AND XV19 (STAR VENTURE).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday in Greenville, SC. View attachment 166015
Beautiful bike!! How long did you have to wait on it?
If you don't mind me asking, what was your otd price on it?
I'm not far from Greenville so would be good to have a dealer I can deal with. Our local dealers for some reason act annoyed if you're not buying a 20-40k side by side or Harley from them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is moved to the first half of August now, this is a true test of my patience lol.. I at least got to ride the SP version at a demo day this weekend, looking forward to getting my own in.. hopefully this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is moved to the first half of August now, this is a true test of my patience lol.. I at least got to ride the SP version at a demo day this weekend, looking forward to getting my own in.. hopefully this year.

I got the chance to try the SP at the demo in NH this weekend, and loved it. Haven't heard anything from my dealer, but hopefully it'll be here soon.

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
I feel you, man. My bike has been out of action for three weeks from a hit & run. Dealer is finally getting to it today and if any mission critical parts need to be replaced I have little hope of those arriving before the riding season is over.

Good luck! Seems like there's a steady trickle of the SPs being delivered so hopefully that bodes well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you based on the East Coast?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just put a deposit on mine today it's in transit from Commiefornya, sales lady said u should see it after next week.
I wanted the storm flouro but they are impossible to find in the southeast.
I settled for the black, but I will have to paint it and make some serious changes as it's a depressing looking bike for a naked imho.
Be fine if I was all Emo and woe is me, but no.
As of last Saturday, another near by dealer has another black one sitting in the crate with no deposit on it.
Had several dealers tell me they probably won't see any of the 21 models, as they haven't even received what they were alloted this year, and will probably skip to the 2022 in December - January.
Best of luck to anyone looking as the motorcycle market is worst it's been in years.

181 - 200 of 225 Posts