Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fitted one to mine yesterday and it has made things a lot smoother as advertised :cool: I got it from Marthy (very helpful guy) and plumbed in his suggested settings for the MT/FZ with an Akrapovic (DB killer in). I do have a small issue though, since installing it the engine does not blip cleanly on the lower revs, it almost doesn't actually rev and splutters/hesitates a little while so when rev matching while down shifting I'm finding that I can't actually blip it as normal especially down lower in the revs because as a yank the throttle by the time I've down shifted and started to let the clutch back out the engine hasn't actually revved, just kind of spluttered instead??

Bike is standard with Akrapovic (DB killer out), with C0 set to 14

EJK settings are:

G 5.5
Y 4.0
R 3.0
GB 3.0
YB 3.5
RB 3.5

I did speak to Marthy and it seems that maybe having to richen the initial throttle roll on (GREEN) in order to get it smooth might also cause the side effect of my issue above, anyone else found anything similar to this with the EJK or other fuel controller? As I've not read a bad word about it yet so curios as to whether its just me?

On a side note, I could possibly lean out the roll on to see if this actually whats causing it so does anyone have any idea how far it could safely be done with the EJK? Recommended settings for G were anything between 5 & 6 so not sure if I really want to go any lower than the 5. Failing that would maybe setting my C0 settings back to zero help?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
AH! You guys on the other side of the pound can adjust CO, we can't. So either bring down the G or the CO. That will fix it. I didn't know you played with the CO when we were emailing each other...

I would start by the CO. Bring it down 5 at the time and see how it feel. The EJK dump extra fuel on decel and the CO does too under 2% throttle if I remember.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
AH! You guys on the other side of the pound can adjust CO, we can't. So either bring down the G or the CO. That will fix it. I didn't know you played with the CO when we were emailing each other...

I would start by the CO. Bring it down 5 at the time and see how it feel. The EJK dump extra fuel on decel and the CO does too under 2% throttle if I remember.
I have No clue what it all means, but, without hesitation, I'd do it to my bike "if" I could, and if it was legal here:cool:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I have No clue what it all means, but, without hesitation, I'd do it to my bike "if" I could, and if it was legal here:cool:
EJK fuel controller? Just stop by... We can't adjust the CO but it's an off throttle thing... something we can with a fuel controller.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I do have a small issue though, since installing it the engine does not blip cleanly on the lower revs, it almost doesn't actually rev and splutters/hesitates a little while so when rev matching while down shifting I'm finding that I can't actually blip it as normal especially down lower in the revs because as a yank the throttle by the time I've down shifted and started to let the clutch back out the engine hasn't actually revved, just kind of spluttered instead??

Bike is standard with Akrapovic (DB killer out), with C0 set to 14

EJK settings are:

G 5.5
Y 4.0
R 3.0
GB 3.0
YB 3.5
RB 3.5
I have that issue, been chasing it a little and got used to it a little. Engine runs great but trying to blip it on downshift is definitely lean.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Did you guys tighty up the cable adjustment? I blip too and don't have any issue. I don't remember having issues before the flash either. Only thing was that one single pop at 4K that I never been able to fix until I get Nick flash. It wasn't a deal breaker to me but the flash did fix the last 10%.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Yeah I actually completely forgot about the C0 setting until I wrote this post! Will bring that down a bit tomorrow and post back results. FYI my cable slack is adjusted

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did you guys tighty up the cable adjustment? I blip too and don't have any issue. I don't remember having issues before the flash either. Only thing was that one single pop at 4K that I never been able to fix until I get Nick flash. It wasn't a deal breaker to me but the flash did fix the last 10%.
I haven't done anything with my cable. I have to adjust the throttle cables?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I haven't done anything with my cable. I have to adjust the throttle cables?
If you tighty up the cable slack it kind of help out. Make sure its not too tight... the adjuster is on the cable behind the dash. Keep the slack to a minimum without being too tight.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I will check it out, never thought of doing that thanks.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Put the C0 back to zero and although I only got 10mins on the bike as it started pissing it down with rain blipping it was much much better, hopefully that's it, just need some more seat time to confirm.

On a side note, very very impressed with how smooth the throttle roll on is now with the EJK, pulling away or getting on the gas in A-mode is very smooth now with no drama at all.

Once I've got the EJK where I want it I'll have to try fitting my G2 back on also and see how smooth things are with that, hopefully not too smooth that makes things dull.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those of you with the EJK fuel controller. I have the M4 Db-in.

How many of you guys have the Db killer in or out ?

What are your settings with the EJK ?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts