Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, can you point me to a how to or a little explanation on how to go about removing the blinkers, but keeping the fender? I have an integrated tail light now, but no fender eliminator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's pretty simple actually. The first thing you want to do is unplug them. To do that you need to remove the seat. Once it's off, there will be 3 plugs in the right hand side of the bike about 1/4 of the way down the lengthen of the seat. I believe the 3 colors for the wires are red, blue, and black. The red and the blue will be your blinkers, simply unplug them and youshould be able to pull the wires thru.
To get the actual blinkers off, there will be an "expansion piece" on the back side of the blinker that is made of plastic. Use a flat head screw driver to work the slots of the blinker over the ears of the expansion piece. Once they are free the expansion piece should pull right out. Then you just have to squeeze the rubber of the blinker thru the cut out in the fender and everything should be free.
I'm going strictly off of memory so sorry if everything's not exactly 100%, but once you dig into it you should see what I mean. It's not to hard. Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Search for the video for the Graves tail kit install (I'd put up link, but I'm too lazy).
Just wondering....why remove just part of the tumor?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search for the video for the Graves tail kit install (I'd put up link, but I'm too lazy).
Just wondering....why remove just part of the tumor?
Until I get a fender eliminator. I have Motodynamic's integrated taillight already.

I really need to get a tune(PCV) before the tail since I have Akra Carbon now installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts