Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm just throwing this one out there, but is it possibly to use a switch back module on LED wedge bulbs? Putting them in the headlight marker lights would be... really, really cool.
I believe it has been done, one just rewires them to the front signals with the switchback module vice their current power/wire configuration. I have seen a video on you tube of the results, it's cool :)

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I'm just throwing this one out there, but is it possibly to use a switch back module on LED wedge bulbs? Putting them in the headlight marker lights would be... really, really cool.
Yes you can use the switchback on any led bulb. The running light has to be 5amps or less for each module. The signals are flashing so they will be fine. This can be used for led's/filament bulbs no problem. We are looking at retro fitting this to cars/trucks to show you the versatility of these modules.

To use on headlight markers just remove the + and wire to the modules as running or signals. T

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Tristan, sorry I wasn't clear I meant the FZ led flush mount style(oval wedge looking) turn signals you have on the site,$30 for the pair, I was thinking of putting a set both in the front(which you have pictures of) and possibly a set on the back. the front offers pnp with swicth back option (for running light) but I would not need that for the back just pnp oem connectors.
Yes they should work just fine on the rear.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Although I've never tried to use my GoPro at night before, I thought it was worth a shot. Installed yesterday, then after dark I headed out of town to a road without lights and though I'm happy with the improvement in light the video was a disappointment. It seems to have excessive contrast making it look as if I'm over-driving my headlight most of the time. I could see better than it looks like on the video, but here it is anyway.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts