Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I like about Ari writing is he doesn't mix words and is straight to the point. He feels the Yamaha re flash is perfect and makes the suspension work better all for free.I felt the same way after the reflash the bike was much easier to ride on tight twisty roads. RR. :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
interesting, I never had the flash done so i cant speak for it, but the susspension needs some work with or without a flash, riding other bikes and then getting on the Fz09 and seeing how it dives down in any breaking and cornering, and also you feel every single dip and some dips are about to throw you off the bike if youre going over 85 mph on the freeway, My next mod will have to be on suspension.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
He must weigh 140 pounds. Read the articles about the valve stack modifications Yamaha did to the suspension of the new FJ and you will gather that they knew that they undersprung and underdamped the suspension.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree about the suspension but getting rid of the jerky jerky throttle makes a big difference in the way the suspension loads and unloads. That's one of the problems with factory test riders most are super smooth and that will cover up some flaws in the bike they are testing. RR. :cool:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ari should come up here in about another month and ride on these twisty, pot hole ridden, frost heaved, broken roads... then we'll see what he thinks about the suspension!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I enjoyed his year long test, but found his constant comparison to the Triumph annoying. I know what my bike is, and isn't. Just needed to vent on that, but I still like Ari and the mag.

·
Registered
857 Posts
He is just PO'ed that he cannot keep the FZ. I am wondering if Yamaha changed the suspension on the 2015 FZ's? I did not get to ride my bike too much before the weather set in, 500 miles, but the throttle seems fine in all settings. I had firmed up the front and rear from the factory settings, and I'm thinking I will go back to a softer setting on the front. Your mileage will vary. And he can have the Triumph.

Ride Safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts