Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after modifying the stock license plate bracket and riding with that for quite some time now in thinkin about trying to mount my plate under the tail like in this picture. (Pic taken from Google) image.jpg
Has anyone successfully removed the stock tail and kept the key flap in while moving the plate to a similar position?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Just so you know, that mounting will get you a "repair" ticket, or a genuine ticket in many places.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just so you know, that mounting will get you a "repair" ticket, or a genuine ticket in many places.
Yea I'm aware, the way I plan on mounting it will be much more visible than that picture, I just want to know exactly how people went about mounting it and what hardware they used

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I have my plate on the stock mount just modified differently, I took off all the plastic and used the claw looking piece that was underneath the plastic and reamed out the holes a bit to fit the license plate. I like it currently but I'm just looking to change it up, also I agree with what you said in your thread, I hate the plate directly under the light.

Here's my setup.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bent up som scrap aluminum in the garage and plasti dipped it black. There are two small Allen bolts near the tire info placard which is how I bolted it on.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bent up som scrap aluminum in the garage and plasti dipped it black. There are two small Allen bolts near the tire info placard which is how I bolted it on.

What did you do about the key area? Just removed the stock fender and left it with no key flap?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

What did you do about the key area? Just removed the stock fender and left it with no key flap?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts